Windows 10: My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...

Discus and support My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes. The monitor goes off but the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertReeves2, Dec 17, 2020.

1. My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...

My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes. The monitor goes off but the computer does not go to sleep.

:)

RobertReeves2, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to... [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Swifty Win User
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes.
    I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on.

Any suggestions why this is not working?

Swifty, Dec 17, 2020
  4. My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...

Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes (turn off display) and 10 minutes (sleep) when computer display turns off.

Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls?

Damstructions, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...

1. My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to... - Similar Threads - computer set turn

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  5. My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.: My computer turns it's self off after 20 minutes. I have gone to settings and changed the shut down times to never but it still is doing it. I've also told it to never go to sleep. It's driving me crazy....
  6. Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display: Hello, I'm having an issue after reinstalling Windows 10. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and now I'm experiencing an issue with auto turn off display in the sleep and power options. After 10 minutes my display is set to turn off. And after 3 hours my pc is supposed to...
  7. computor turn off at 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    computor turn off at 5 minutes: where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps closing down on me. This sucks....
  8. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518
  9. How to lock computer after display turns off ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock computer after display turns off ?: I used to have screen-saver set as 'none' and 'on resume, display logon screen', and set the time there the same as the 'display off' option in 'power options'. And that works fine on a PC, no issues there. Now I started using a laptop, and it has different 'display off'...
  10. Computer turns off after only a few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off after only a few minutes: Ok, i can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I have my settings set to where my PC is not support to go to sleep. All the settings are set to NEVER. Yet, when i'm gone for 5-6 minutes, the computer just shuts down or something. I press buttons on my keyboard and it...