Windows 10: My computer is slower after the latest update

Discus and support My computer is slower after the latest update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, after the latest update my computer is a lot more slower than before. My hdd usage is at 100% and it will stay there for a couple of minutes. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ALEZIO000, May 25, 2019.

1. ALEZIO000 Win User

My computer is slower after the latest update

Hi, after the latest update my computer is a lot more slower than before.

My hdd usage is at 100% and it will stay there for a couple of minutes.

I keep seeing that System is causing it, but i can't understand what it means.

I also saw for a brief second that Telemetry and sdlauncher made my hdd usage go to 100%

Can someone help me please? I have been searching and tried many methods, but nothing works.

:)

ALEZIO000, May 25, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 25, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Windows latest update

Hi,

To better assist you with the latest Windows update issue that you have, please clarify the following:

• Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, May 25, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer is slower after the latest update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer is slower after the latest update - Similar Threads - computer slower latest

2. Cannot turn computer on after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn computer on after latest update: I cannot turn computer on after latest update. It shut down immediately after 100% update and then I can't turn the computer on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-computer-on-after-latest-update/67d79119-ad9b-4c61-bc28-8255891a86d7
  3. computer not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not working after latest update: Firstly appologies if i am posting in the wrong place, Yesterday i did the latest update & now i cant get past the opening screen that asks for the pin code, the reason for this is it looks like all of my usb ports are disabled so i as good as have no mouse or keyboard. I...
  4. My computer is getting slower

My computer is getting slower: My PC has been acting up for the past months and it's been bugging around with errors. Thankfully I got them resolved but my pc is getting slower and slower by the day even though I don't do anything much with it. I've played Minecraft on it for 7-8 months but it's being...
  5. Is Microsoft Edge slower in the latest update for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Microsoft Edge slower in the latest update for anyone else?: For some reason Microsoft Edge is loading certain webpages much slower now. It didn't start doing this until the latest update. I figured it was my Ublock Origin extension, but even after disabling all of my extensions, it's still very sluggish. I tried loading sites on...
  6. Computer even slower after Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer even slower after Windows 10 update?: Hello, yesterday I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (and added an SSD hard drive). Sometimes it's faster, but often it takes much longer to load web pages or switch from one tab to another. This is annoying. What can be the reason? I have 64-bit installed....
  7. computer running slow after latest update

computer running slow after latest update: computer running slow after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow-after-latest-update/e53059ee-e6d1-42fe-b4de-eaba2c15aa56
  8. Computer won't boot after latest update.

Computer won't boot after latest update.: Since the latest update when I start the computer it gets onto Windows and a small screen pops up with Personalized settings in it. That's as far as it gets though. I tried to go back to an earlier version, but it fails each time. I also tried to repair, but it just sits...
  9. Computer stutter after latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stutter after latest update: Hi, all new guy here. Can someone please let me know where I should start looking with this problem. After the last update when there is heavier network activity my computer would start to stutter and lag. I have checked Task Manager when this occurs, usually when I am...
  10. Latest update broke my computer

Latest update broke my computer: Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install updates and shut down" option on my computer and let it do it's thing. A few days later I started it up and it indicated it was...