Windows 10: my computer is so full of malware. cant download windows defender

Discus and support my computer is so full of malware. cant download windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my computer is full of infected files and malware. cant do anything... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cindyallan, Oct 5, 2019.

1. my computer is so full of malware. cant download windows defender

my computer is full of infected files and malware. cant do anything

:)

cindyallan, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

According to Windows Defender DDU has Malware in it.

Add DDU to the exclusion list either from there or the settings for Defender. Then you'll be fine. I've used DDU for years, and as-long-as you downloaded it from a reputable source you should be fine. If they offer MD5 hash checks that might be worth doing to make sure though if you're concerned your version is malicious.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=Windows+Defender+how+to+whitelist

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

my computer is so full of malware. cant download windows defender APKBelarcAdvisor5of10ScoreBETTERThan417Before.jpg

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

APC's October 2019 issue is on sale now! | TechRadar

*Smile my computer is so full of malware. cant download windows defender :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

my computer is so full of malware. cant download windows defender

Windows Defender was permanently disabled by a malware

Hi Robbie,

You would have to remove the malware first before you can turn on the Windows Defender again. You can use the

Malicious Software Removal Tool
    to eliminate the malware that entered your PC. Once you have removed it, you can turn Windows Defender on. You can refer to the below steps to turn on the Windows Defender:

• Select the Start button.
    • Click Settings, then select Update & Security.
    • Click Turn on Windows Defender.

To know more on how to protect your PC with Windows Defender, refer to this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

my computer is so full of malware. cant download windows defender

1. my computer is so full of malware. cant download windows defender - Similar Threads - computer full malware

2. I cant accsese my computer to the full extent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant accsese my computer to the full extent: I cant download anything, or get into any apps. It says I am not the owner of the computer i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-accsese-my-computer-to-the-full-extent/6b8282ee-113a-4498-8204-c6d76fb95b12
  3. I cant accsese my computer to the full extent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant accsese my computer to the full extent: I cant download anything, or get into any apps. It says I am not the owner of the computer i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-accsese-my-computer-to-the-full-extent/6b8282ee-113a-4498-8204-c6d76fb95b12
  4. I cant accsese my computer to the full extent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows defender says my pc found ransomwere malware but defender cant remve it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender says my pc found ransomwere malware but defender cant remve it...: windows defender says my pc found ransomwere malware but defender cant remve it completely.How can i remove these malware completely from my pc....
  6. desktop full of files so i cant use it

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop full of files so i cant use it: so i extracted a file and it filled up my desktop with files and now whenever i interact with my desktop or my taskbar either it buffers or the desktop app restarts this keeps happening and when i wait for about 10 minutes all the files show its just the desktop is un-usable...
  7. Cant download latest windows defender update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant download latest windows defender update: Hi !I cant update my windows defender and i get notifications saying that my anitvirus is turned off. When i click on it I always get a meesage when entering the windows defender settings that : Page not available: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of...
  8. Cant download full language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant download full language pack: I cant download the full pack im trying to change my language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-full-language-pack/e3131658-9c79-4858-a125-9fb95eef5b90
  9. Malware on My Computer

Malware on My Computer: Hi Community, I have a very persistent virus on my computer masquerading as a web browser and PDF reader. I was hoping someone here would be able to help me with removing this and preventing it from returning again. This malware constantly changes my personal preferences...
  10. Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked

Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked: I downloaded a file, and Windows Defender immediately popped up, saying a severe malware was found and quarantined, I deleted it. But, at first I didn't notice that the download itself contained the malware, so I downloaded it again (Who knew it can discover a malware while...