Windows 10: My computer is stuck in BitLocker Recovery mode even though I never set a key.

Discus and support My computer is stuck in BitLocker Recovery mode even though I never set a key. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am stuck in Bitlocker after emoving Phoenix OS from my computer. I've tried enabling secure boot in the BIOS, clearing all security settings to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JaredL., Nov 23, 2020.

1. JaredL. Win User

My computer is stuck in BitLocker Recovery mode even though I never set a key.

I am stuck in Bitlocker after emoving Phoenix OS from my computer.

I've tried enabling secure boot in the BIOS, clearing all security settings to default, resetting UFEI settings, booting from USB, changing boot order, and looking for a recovery key. There is no recovery key on my Microsoft account, and

This does not make any sense, and I have not found anything online to fix this. I don't want to reset my Windows because it will remove all of the apps I have, including crypto wallets.

:)

JaredL., Nov 23, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 23, 2020
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer is stuck in BitLocker Recovery mode even though I never set a key. - Similar Threads - computer stuck BitLocker

2. Bitlocker recovery Key ID never activated on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery Key ID never activated on my PC: My computer’s start up file cannot boot up my system file BCD Error code 0x0c0000098The startup repair prompts me to put in my Bitlocker code to unlock my computer. I never activated this. Why is this showing up on my computer? I went to the site where the code could possibly...
  3. My device is locked out because of BitLocker even though we never set it up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device is locked out because of BitLocker even though we never set it up and...: Under the Microsoft account there are 2 devices, a desktop and a laptop. Right now, the laptop is locked out by BitLocker. When I go to recovery keys there is only 1 key, and it's for the desktop not the laptop. I have tried registering the device but that hasn't worked as it...
  4. My device is locked out because of BitLocker even though we never set it up and...

My device is locked out because of BitLocker even though we never set it up and...: Under the Microsoft account there are 2 devices, a desktop and a laptop. Right now, the laptop is locked out by BitLocker. When I go to recovery keys there is only 1 key, and it's for the desktop not the laptop. I have tried registering the device but that hasn't worked as it...
  5. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  6. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  7. My computer is stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck in recovery mode: My PC recently broke after a BSOD and is now stuck in recovery mode and I can't leave. I even tried resetting it, but it didn't work. I think this is a hard drive problem. Any help here please?...
  8. My computer is stuck in recovery mode

My computer is stuck in recovery mode: My PC recently broke after a BSOD and is now stuck in recovery mode and I can't leave. I even tried resetting it, but it didn't work. I think this is a hard drive problem. Any help here please?...
  9. My computer is stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never: Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never this just started happening this week. before that they were fine. Cass https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-are-combining-even-though-they-are/ad3dd2ee-8ac7-47c7-94aa-95891c3e0820