Windows 10: My computer is stuck on updating

Discus and support My computer is stuck on updating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer has been stuck at 21 percent updating for the past hour. My computer has been updating for 4 and a half hours, and is only on 21 percent,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sapphiretunic68, Nov 10, 2020.

1. My computer is stuck on updating

My computer has been stuck at 21 percent updating for the past hour. My computer has been updating for 4 and a half hours, and is only on 21 percent, im not sure if this is normal, or not, but if not, what should i do. I dont want to stop the download as i have done this before and lost all the data on my computer. Please help.

submitted by /u/Sapphiretunic68
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sapphiretunic68, Nov 10, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 10, 2020
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Nov 10, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

My computer is stuck on updating

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

My computer is stuck on updating

1. My computer is stuck on updating - Similar Threads - computer stuck updating

2. My computer is updating and is stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is updating and is stuck at 100%: Hello everyone.When I tried to shut down my computer, I clicked on "Shut down and update." It's been an hour now, the Windows I guess? update is at 100%, the circle animation continues, but nothing is changing. Is there an issue? What should I do?Thank you!...
  3. My computer is updating and is stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is updating and is stuck at 100%: Hello everyone.When I tried to shut down my computer, I clicked on "Shut down and update." It's been an hour now, the Windows I guess? update is at 100%, the circle animation continues, but nothing is changing. Is there an issue? What should I do?Thank you!...
  4. My computer is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck: My computer has been stuck on the updating loading screen. I cannot do anything. I can see my cursor, but other than that my computer is completely unresponsive. I have tried shutting it down and rebooting it, but it just goes right back to the loading screen....
  5. My computer is stuck

My computer is stuck: My computer has been stuck on the updating loading screen. I cannot do anything. I can see my cursor, but other than that my computer is completely unresponsive. I have tried shutting it down and rebooting it, but it just goes right back to the loading screen....
  6. Computer stuck doing Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer stuck doing Updates: I did a few updates, restarted and all but it still said I had another update. It didn't show me the "restart and update" this time though. I restarted it, figured I'd see if it would update again. So I hit "restart" and it did start updating again. Got to the "100% " done...
  7. Computer stuck doing Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck doing Updates: I did a few updates, restarted and all but it still said I had another update. It didn't show me the "restart and update" this time though. I restarted it, figured I'd see if it would update again. So I hit "restart" and it did start updating again. Got to the "100% " done...
  8. Computer stuck doing Updates

9. computer is stuck in "update" loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer is stuck in "update" loop: Hi, I recently got a new laptop and found it didn't have enough memory, so to get it ready to send back I wiped the data from it. However I learned of something I could do about the memory, so I turned it back on and it showed the dell logo then asked me for my country...
  10. My computer is stuck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer is stuck.: I tried a troubleshooting options for my pc because it had a problem accesing windows , right now the screen is saying (( Scanning and repairing drive (\\?SystemPartition ) : 100 % complete). What am i suppose to do now ¬...