Windows 10: my computer is stuttering/lagging on startup, help

Discus and support my computer is stuttering/lagging on startup, help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; this started a couple of weeks ago, and this is a new SSD with a fresh window 10 installed. its weird because it only happens when i turn on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jimtikmars, Mar 25, 2020.

1. my computer is stuttering/lagging on startup, help

this started a couple of weeks ago, and this is a new SSD with a fresh window 10 installed. its weird because it only happens when i turn on the computer or when i wake the computer up from sleep. the mouse, audio pretty much everything would stutter or lag for a millisecond and back to normal and a few like 8 - 14 seconds after the same lag happens. and this goes on for like ~10-15 minutes and then it no longer happens until i boot the computer up or wake from sleep. i got Driver Easy and updated all the drivers that needed to be updated and im still having the issue. today i downloaded LatencyMon to scan my computer and this was the result. but i dont really know what Wlan is or exactly how to update the bios.

results:

https://imgur.com/Xmb39bO

https://imgur.com/YlXsN83

submitted by /u/jimtikmars
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jimtikmars, Mar 25, 2020

2. Csgo game lag stutter

Hi D'andre,

I realize that you are facing lag issues with a game. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this game?
    You may temporarily disable any 3rd party security software and check if this helps.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software
    is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Mouse Lag/stutter After August 2016 W10 Anniversary Update

Hi Devin,

I realize that you are facing lag issues with the mouse. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Does the issue persist in Safe Mode?
    Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Boland Win User

my computer is stuttering/lagging on startup, help

Computer stutter / lag

Just throwing this out there see if you guys have any ideas as to what might be causing this. Every now and then my pc will start to stutter / lag but it's not constant, it's only really noticeable if i'm playing a game or i'm moving my mouse as it will stop for a millisecond and continue on. Hard to explain. I recorded a video of it happening which is linked below.

- Has been compressed too much, but if you put it in 0.5 speed it's more visible.

After the video I went through and closed non essential processes checking for a few seconds after each one, it only disappeared after closing Edge browser which is very odd in my opinion.

This stutter doesn't affect audio.

Boland, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

my computer is stuttering/lagging on startup, help

1. my computer is stuttering/lagging on startup, help - Similar Threads - computer stuttering lagging

2. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  3. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  4. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!: I stopped playing fortnite about 2 years ago and it used to work perfectly there were no lagspike/stutters, and i wanted to come back to the game now. I started a solo match and when i got into the game i was getting insane lagspikes/stutters, i was pretty confused, i looked...
  5. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!

INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!: I stopped playing fortnite about 2 years ago and it used to work perfectly there were no lagspike/stutters, and i wanted to come back to the game now. I started a solo match and when i got into the game i was getting insane lagspikes/stutters, i was pretty confused, i looked...
  6. lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  7. lag/Stuttering

lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  8. HELP ntoskrnl.exe making my computer stutter/lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP ntoskrnl.exe making my computer stutter/lag: I have contacted Microsoft support 5 times already, tried every solution to fix my PC, but nothing seems to work. Yesterday, a support agent managed to fix my PC temporarily, today I log on and the PC is doing the same thing. It's stuttering/lagging every second or so, it...
  9. Stutter on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stutter on startup: Everytime I turn on my PC the cursor starts jumping/stuttering and when I try to play audio or video that stutters aswell. I usually fix this by restarting my PC. Is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/Disguised_Comunist [link] [comments]...
  10. Stuttering/Lag need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering/Lag need help: Alright so, I built a gaming computer 2 summers ago and never had problems with it until about 4 months ago when it randomly started stuttering. This happens all the time now. I could be listening to music or playing a game or nothing at all. I have tried different things:...