Windows 10: My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key.

Discus and support My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I have reset the windows with the option of keeping my files, my computer is taking screenshots every time I press just about any key and send me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KentLynn, Aug 9, 2018.

1. KentLynn Win User

My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key.

After I have reset the windows with the option of keeping my files, my computer is taking screenshots every time I press just about any key and send me a notification that the screenshot is saved to my one drive folder. This issue disappears sometimes. Sometimes it reappear. How do I solve this?

:)

KentLynn, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Taking screenshot at windows 10

We found some steps to resolve this issue, in which, we need to edit few things on the registry. Kindly follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type Regedt32.exe and click
      OK.
    • Navigate to the location listed below:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    • In the right side, look for ScreenshotIndex, with the key type
      DWORD (REG_DWORD). If you do not see this item on this location, then this is the reason why your screenshot is not being saved under Screenshot Folders. With this being said, you need to create a new registry key. Follow the steps provided
      below:
      • Do a right-click > New > DWORD Value. Make sure to name it as ScreenshotIndex.
      • Double-click on the newly made registry key and edit the values as follows:
        • Base - Decimal
        • Value data - 695
      • Click OK.
    • Now we need to make sure that this newly created registry key DWORD is pointed out to your user profile settings. We need to move to a different location in the left side. Kindly navigate to the location provided below in the left panel:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • On this location, look for the item named {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} with the key type
      expandable string (REG_EXPAND_SZ). If you don't see it, you can create a new key, same as the process we have created with ScreenshotIndex. Just make sure that you select expandable string.
    • Double-click on the registry key, make sure that the Value data is in the correct user path. Check the example below:
      • %USERPROFILE%\Pictures\Screenshots
    • Click OK.

After doing the steps provided, you can close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer. After restarting your computer, you can start doing a screenshot and it should be saved to the folder you have set in the registry keys. If they are already in there,
    then this means that the issue is resolved.

Please note that the steps that I have listed on this response was made from one of the 3rd party articles created by one of our renowned Community MVPs named

Kapil Arya MVP

Please let us know if this solution works for you.

Nick Dich, Aug 9, 2018
  3. I cant take screenshot on my microsoft Lumia 550 help me.

Hi,

Here's how you can take a screenshot on the Lumia 550:

• Press the volume up key and the power key at the same time. You will hear a sound and the screen will flash for a quick second.
    • To view your screenshots you've taken, head over to the Photos app, tap on Albums, and look in the Screenshots folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Aug 9, 2018
  4. My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key.

How to take a screenshot on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you want to take a screen shot and save it as picture, I suggest you to check with the below steps.

To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

• Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending
      on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)

Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

• Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.

• In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.

• When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.

• In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it help:

You can also use the on screen keyboard to check if that helps. You may follow the article below for the same.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

(Applies to Windows 10 also)

Please do reply and let us know the troubleshooting results. If the issue persists, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key.

1. My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key. - Similar Threads - computer taking screenshots

2. The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.: How do I turn this off? I use windows 10. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-minus-key-on-numpad-takes-me-to-screen-lock/f53418a6-63d1-4335-b13c-5eabc7ea551b
  3. The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.: How do I turn this off? I use windows 10. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-minus-key-on-numpad-takes-me-to-screen-lock/f53418a6-63d1-4335-b13c-5eabc7ea551b
  4. The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time: Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time and when I restart the computer is ruled, but it is frustrating because it is a new computer, it also happened to me on my old computer but I do not know what happens. I have turned on...
  6. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time: Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time and when I restart the computer is ruled, but it is frustrating because it is a new computer, it also happened to me on my old computer but I do not know what happens. I have turned on...
  7. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Every time i press 3 or more keys, my computer beeps and doesnt register the extra pressed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i press 3 or more keys, my computer beeps and doesnt register the extra pressed...: This happens when i press 3 or more keys, so lets say i want to press F,G,H at the same time. It would register F,G, but wouldnt register H. No this isnt toggle or filter keys. This isnt sticky keys either. I once followed a tutorial that worked and it involved turning off...
  9. Every time i press 3 or more keys, my computer beeps and doesnt register the extra pressed...

Every time i press 3 or more keys, my computer beeps and doesnt register the extra pressed...: This happens when i press 3 or more keys, so lets say i want to press F,G,H at the same time. It would register F,G, but wouldnt register H. No this isnt toggle or filter keys. This isnt sticky keys either. I once followed a tutorial that worked and it involved turning off...
  10. What to press if I want to take a screenshot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to press if I want to take a screenshot: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Phoenixdownzd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7znou/what_to_press_if_i_want_to_take_a_screenshot/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my computer taking screenshots when i type on my keyboard

2. laptop opening screenshot when press any key

3. PC keeps taking screenshorts

4. every key i press it screenshots,
  5. when you press 4 keys at the same time there is a screenshot sound,
  6. keyboard keeps taking screenshots,
  7. What is my laptop taking screenshots on every key I type,
  8. my keyboard is taking screenshots,
  9. my windows computer keeps taking screenshots when i press key on the keyboard