Windows 10: My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

Discus and support My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by John Taverner, Mar 17, 2024.

1. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and reactivated it again and the watermark went away. A few days later the watermark came back and I went to do the same thing but now there are two PC options with the same ID and neither of them work. One of the options says "We can't activate your copy of windows because the digital licence for this device has already been u

:)

John Taverner, Mar 17, 2024
  2. Shashakar Win User

Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU

Thanks for the links, but I've already done the steps in both of those, as listed in my initial post. The name of my computer isn't listed in the troubleshooting / reactivation window even though Windows was activated on that computer previously.

Shashakar, Mar 17, 2024
  3. Issue trying to reactivate windows after upgrading cpu and motherboard

So recently upgraded cpu and motherboard now when I try to reactivate windows I initially get 0xC004F211 error when I try the troubleshoot icon I get the green box that has 'I changed hardware on this device recently', I log into my account and it takes
    me to a screen where it says Reactivate windows 10 select this device from below. My device's name is listed, so I select it via This is the device I am using now and then select activate. Goes to a screen Reactivating windows, real quick then states Unable
    to activate windows on this device try again later. Been doing this for hours now. a little help would be appreciated.

RobertYutzy, Mar 17, 2024
  4. K_Kang Win User

My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

Windows activation fails after upgrading CPU and motherboard

Hello,

I get an error message trying to re-confirm Windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard and CPU. Error message that came was: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes
    or try adding your Microsoft account again. Learn more".

This is now the second day in a row that it does not work.

Have you seen the same, and if yes, any suggestions for a fix?

Background:

-I was following the process recommended by Microsoft Support for the activation after motherboard and CPU upgrade.

-Before upgrade I had perfectly activated win 10.

BR,

K_Kang, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

1. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate... - Similar Threads - computer telling activate

2. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  3. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  4. I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...: It says "Unable to upgrade your edition" and gives me the error code 0x80070002 every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-activate-windows-but-when-i-activate-it/89379751-e664-4b35-9b40-9a089ecbe15c
  5. I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...: It says "Unable to upgrade your edition" and gives me the error code 0x80070002 every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-activate-windows-but-when-i-activate-it/89379751-e664-4b35-9b40-9a089ecbe15c
  6. I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...

7. Why do I have a watermark telling me to activate Windows?

Why do I have a watermark telling me to activate Windows?: A couple days ago the watermark showed up. If I go to settings and select any setting at all it just freezes and I have to close out the setting window. If I select Windows Update I just get a blank screen. Before the watermark showed up one morning I noticed when I went to...
  8. Why do I have a watermark telling me to activate Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have a watermark telling me to activate Windows?: A couple days ago the watermark showed up. If I go to settings and select any setting at all it just freezes and I have to close out the setting window. If I select Windows Update I just get a blank screen. Before the watermark showed up one morning I noticed when I went to...
  9. After a reset of my computer, it tells me that windows is not active, and there is an error

After a reset of my computer, it tells me that windows is not active, and there is an error: Hi, Recently, due to an error of the disk, I've decided to reset my PC. When I reset it, i noticed some strange issues, like an error trying to install Office 365. The major problem here but, is that today, when I logged in, the PC told me that windows is not activated....
  10. Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows

Upgraded Motherboard and CPU now Windows 10 tells me to Activate Windows: Since upgrading I am being told to activate my windows, I purchased a USB stick from a professional PC store called Centrecom loaded with Windows 10, have never had an issue. How can I resolve this?...