Windows 10: My Computer is Very Broken

Discus and support My Computer is Very Broken in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 computer, it's a Surface Pro 4. Recently, I've been having severe problems with it. It's still usable, but it's harder to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OverlordStutter, Feb 11, 2019.

1. My Computer is Very Broken

Hello, I have a Windows 10 computer, it's a Surface Pro 4. Recently, I've been having severe problems with it. It's still usable, but it's harder to use than it was about one or so years go. My computer has done this only one other time and I'm not sure of the reason. First of all, the Start Menu nor Cortana will open, it doesn't matter if I use the on-screen button or an assigned key, neither will open. Now to the more serious problems, the settings app and control panel do not exist, and things such as Windows Defender will not open. I have substitutes for things that I cannot use anymore, (A few examples are that I use MalwareBytes rather than Windows Defender, and I use ShareX for screenshots rather than Snipping Tool) but it is still hard to get around on my system.

I miraculously figured out how to download stuff so I still have the programs that I need or use (such as Discord, Google Chrome or Medibang), but key parts of the system are broken or missing. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I would appreciate help of some sort.

This is an example of one of the errors I get when I attempt to open Settings or Control Panel:

My Computer is Very Broken fb3080ab-7315-4997-9129-4c44d7e56d39?upload=true.png

I appreciate all the help that I can get.

:)

OverlordStutter, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Feb 11, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

My Computer is Very Broken

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

My Computer is Very Broken

1. My Computer is Very Broken - Similar Threads - Computer Very Broken

2. Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated: Hello,Last night before going to bed, my PC prompted for an update and as usual I chose "Update and Shut Down".When I woke up and tried to use my computer for work, the first error that popped out was my Razer Synapse and this never happened before. So I thought it was just a...
  3. Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated: Hello,Last night before going to bed, my PC prompted for an update and as usual I chose "Update and Shut Down".When I woke up and tried to use my computer for work, the first error that popped out was my Razer Synapse and this never happened before. So I thought it was just a...
  4. Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my computer is broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer is broken.: Not allowed settingsCRTL WINDOWS C not workingColours inverted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-broken/e594c30e-b2ea-4ca8-873d-a1e61ce7503e
  6. My computer is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is broken: I tried the "notepad trick" to get rid of the activate windows watermark, and after doing it, my PC is completely broken, it cannot automatically repair itself, it will not start in safe mode, I am now not even currently able to activate safe mode, I cannot reach the sign in...
  7. My computer is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is broken: I tried the "notepad trick" to get rid of the activate windows watermark, and after doing it, my PC is completely broken, it cannot automatically repair itself, it will not start in safe mode, I am now not even currently able to activate safe mode, I cannot reach the sign in...
  8. My computer is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows is very broken...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is very broken...: hello all, when i boot up my pc - after a few seconds half of windows becomes unresponsive. meaning the taskbar is unresponsive but the start menu kinda works. I can only drag a a couple of windows around - but mouse clicks dont do much, i have to use a keyboard to use...
  10. Very broken.

in Windows 10 Support
    Very broken.: Hi, everything worked fine for a few days. Nothing changed, nothing installed. Edge stopped working, Cortana stopped working. Mail stopped working. SFC scannow found corrupt files but unable to fix. Reset keep files and settings failed to boot and rolled back. As did remove...