Windows 10: My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be

Discus and support My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, last summer I built a pretty good desktop, 16gb RAM, 4 core AMD, NVIDIA 1060, etc. But it just feels so slow, right now it is orders of magnitude... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JohnnyWobble, Jun 10, 2020.

1. My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be

Hi, last summer I built a pretty good desktop, 16gb RAM, 4 core AMD, NVIDIA 1060, etc. But it just feels so slow, right now it is orders of magnitude slower than my other laptop, which isn't half as good (8 gb RAM, 4 core intel, internal GPU). On my desktop, programs take forever to start, chrome will absolutely lag to death sometimes, but it still performs where I would expect in benchmarks. I have done some wacky things with the registry, and I could definitely have a virus bc I've downloaded lots of sketchy things.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to check what's slowing it down/fix it?

If not, I think I will just save everything and reload windows, but that's a pain in the ass and I would rather not.

submitted by /u/JohnnyWobble
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JohnnyWobble, Jun 10, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 10, 2020
  3. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be

1. My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be - Similar Threads - computer wayyyyy slower

2. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  3. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  4. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  6. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  7. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  8. My computer is slower than how fast I run.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is slower than how fast I run.: Specs: Microsoft Windows 10 home build 19042 Intel i5-8400 8GB RAM 1TB HDD only (there is an nvme ssd inside but it doesn't work) Nvidia GTX 1050 It takes 5 minutes to boot up. I have only a few light startup programs (lightshot, java update scheduler, wondershare studio,...
  9. computer internet slower than iPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer internet slower than iPad: For some reason, my internet on my computer is slower than my iPad 7th gen. Is there a fix or a better driver for my Dell Inspiron N5050? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. 1804 update made my computer slower than a 286

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1804 update made my computer slower than a 286: Everything takes forever. Clicking on a file in Explorer causes a "Not responding" message to appear sometimes for as long as 30 seconds before it finally selects the file. Web pages are delayed from 10 to 30 seconds. Sometimes programs don't start at all. I have a fast...