Windows 10: My computer isn't detecting my second monitor

Discus and support My computer isn't detecting my second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both monitors are plugged into my computer. The main one uses a DV-I input and the secondary one uses a VGA input. Not only will the secondary monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Treesaremadeofwood, Mar 22, 2019.

1. My computer isn't detecting my second monitor

Both monitors are plugged into my computer. The main one uses a DV-I input and the secondary one uses a VGA input. Not only will the secondary monitor not display anything, but my computer isn't detecting it at all. How can I fix this?

:)

Treesaremadeofwood, Mar 22, 2019

2. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 22, 2019
  4. My computer isn't detecting my second monitor

Lenovo Flex 2-15 Windows 10. Stopped detecting second monitor

Hi,

I realize that the computer is not detecting the second monitor. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Does the second monitor support touch screen feature?

• Have you updated the Touch pad driver on the main PC?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the computer?
    Suggest you to plug in the monitor and run the hardware troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.
    Click on “Hardware and Devices” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

My computer isn't detecting my second monitor

1. My computer isn't detecting my second monitor - Similar Threads - computer isn't detecting

2. My second monitor isn't detected, anyone know the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second monitor isn't detected, anyone know the problem?: I've had this second monitor for a while now, however I've never used it, so it's practically brand new. It's been sitting on my monitor arm with no display for ages while I've been saving to get a PC. Now that I've got one, it won't work. It turns on, works fine, but my pc...
  3. My second monitor isn't detected, anyone know the problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My second monitor isn't detected, anyone know the problem?: I've had this second monitor for a while now, however I've never used it, so it's practically brand new. It's been sitting on my monitor arm with no display for ages while I've been saving to get a PC. Now that I've got one, it won't work. It turns on, works fine, but my pc...
  4. My second monitor shows the same thing as the first but isn't detected by my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second monitor shows the same thing as the first but isn't detected by my computer: I restarted my desktop PC and noticed my second monitor mirroring the first monitor. I went into advanced display settings but could not find a solution and in the device manager in the control panel, I only see one monitor called generic PnP Monitor....
  5. My second monitor shows the same thing as the first but isn't detected by my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second monitor shows the same thing as the first but isn't detected by my computer: I restarted my desktop PC and noticed my second monitor mirroring the first monitor. I went into advanced display settings but could not find a solution and in the device manager in the control panel, I only see one monitor called generic PnP Monitor....
  6. My second monitor shows the same thing as the first but isn't detected by my computer

7. Cannot detect my second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot detect my second monitor: My surface pro 8 updated today and then I found that it cannot detect my second monitor anymore. The latest update is 22H2 for x64KB5017271. Uninstalling the updates does not resolve this problem. I checked the cable connection and everything is ok. In the Setting...
  8. Cannot detect my second monitor

Cannot detect my second monitor: My surface pro 8 updated today and then I found that it cannot detect my second monitor anymore. The latest update is 22H2 for x64KB5017271. Uninstalling the updates does not resolve this problem. I checked the cable connection and everything is ok. In the Setting...
  9. After updating Windows 10 my second monitor isn't detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating Windows 10 my second monitor isn't detected: updated my windows 10 last night because of the whole end of service thing and now it isn't detecting my second monitor which worked perfectly up untill now. Ive tried detecting in the device manager and restarting PC, nothing. submitted by /u/Roastybunz [link] [comments]...
  10. Computer not detecting the second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer not detecting the second monitor: Hello, I have a Dell all in one desktop model- Inspiron 24 Model 3459, however, it is not detecting my second monitor. I have attempted to detect automatically as well as manually, updated the driver, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. However, my computer is still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my second monitor isnt detected

2. my computer isnt detecting my second monitor

3. why isnt windows detecting my second monitor

4. why isnt my laptop detecting my monitor,
  5. my monitor isnt detecting,
  6. why isnt windows detecting my second monitor?,
  7. windows isnt detecting my monitor,
  8. why is my second monitor not turning on,
  9. why isnt my pc detecting my second monitor,
  10. why isnt my monitor detecting my laptop,
  11. why isnt my computer detecting a second sceen,