Windows 10: My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

Discus and support My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jaxson Wheeler, Mar 16, 2024.

1. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the adapter calling it "USB Serial Device COM5" instead of recognizing my headphones. The headphones are perfectly fine and work on everything else. Any help?

:)

Jaxson Wheeler, Mar 16, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

computer not recognizing usb drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use USB drive on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error when connecting a USB drive?
    • Does this issue occur only with one particular USB or with all the USB drives?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized”
    except for Method 1 and 2.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2024
  3. 956548 Win User
    Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Your probably right. When you mean by USB adapter do you mean this?

My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones 334825d1622139031t-computer-wont-use-headphone-mic-h.jpg

If so I already tried this method and it didn't work. The computer wouldn't detect my headphones when I use it. The picture above isn't the exact model that I have. I have a slightly different one.

Thanks,

956548, Mar 16, 2024
  4. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 16, 2024
Thema:

My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

1. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones - Similar Threads - computer isnt recognizing

2. My headset isnt recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headset isnt recognized: I recently reinstalled windows 10 because long story short, my windows 10 in the ssd corrupted and had to be reformated with a clean one. I started it up and setup everything. Hooked up my headset and it isnt recognized as output/input device even though everything is plugged...
  3. Why isnt my computer detecting my headphones when they are plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why isnt my computer detecting my headphones when they are plugged in: My computer is not recognizing any headphones or earbuds i plug into the headphone jack. i have tried restarting my computer but it didnt fix the problem. does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Why isnt my computer detecting my headphones when they are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isnt my computer detecting my headphones when they are plugged in: My computer is not recognizing any headphones or earbuds i plug into the headphone jack. i have tried restarting my computer but it didnt fix the problem. does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...: My computer has a broken headphone jack, so I have to use an adapter for usb to resolve that problem - However, there is one flaw. Media players keep pausing and unpausing every 0.3 seconds or less.Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.Also, it is trying to open my media...
  6. Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...: My computer has a broken headphone jack, so I have to use an adapter for usb to resolve that problem - However, there is one flaw. Media players keep pausing and unpausing every 0.3 seconds or less.Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.Also, it is trying to open my media...
  7. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones: I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the adapter calling it "USB Serial Device COM5" instead of recognizing my headphones. The headphones are perfectly fine and work...
  8. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones: I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the adapter calling it "USB Serial Device COM5" instead of recognizing my headphones. The headphones are perfectly fine and work...
  9. My computer Doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer Doesn't recognize headphones: I checked already that on my phone, my headphones work, but not on computer. Just yesterday absolutely was fine, I didn't even download anything noticeable. I've checked a ton of videos on youtube and some website tips, where I found somewhere 9 different methods, but no...
  10. My headphones microphone isnt recognized

My headphones microphone isnt recognized: When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem was in the head phones but the microphone worked completly fine on my phone i have downloaded all the windows updates from...