Windows 10: My computer just freezes and wont respond

Discus and support My computer just freezes and wont respond in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive installed Windows 10 and after like 5 minutes my screen freezes and my mouse is stuck too. I think i need to update my graphics card drivers, yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LutcanAlex, Apr 20, 2021.

1. My computer just freezes and wont respond

Ive installed Windows 10 and after like 5 minutes my screen freezes and my mouse is stuck too. I think i need to update my graphics card drivers, yet it just freezes and it won't let me to do anything. Please help.

:)

LutcanAlex, Apr 20, 2021

2. System Stopped Responding aka Freezed

Thank you for your prompt response. Based on your answers, there are possibility that some components of the game are corrupted. If your game is freezing or not responding, uninstalling and reinstalling it will remove and replace the files that run the game.

Here are the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall your game:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list.
    • Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.
    • Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
    • To reinstall your game, open Windows Store app, and then select the profile button.
    • Select My Library.
    • Locate the game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

We also suggest that you restart your computer to normal startup to disable unnecessary apps that run in the background of your computer while you are using it. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click
      OK
    • On the General tab, click the
      Normal Startup
      , and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
      Restart.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the steps above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 20, 2021
  3. stor Win User
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click.
    I called dell and they came and changed the entire mouse pad but still no success.
    I downloaded the shellexview as was proposed in another thread and followed the steps to disable the pink ones, still no result.
    Today I did format in the laptop and reinstalled windows 10. a few hours later the problem was back. After the format I installed again shellexview and repeated the steps. still no result
    I am running out of options. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

4. My computer just freezes and wont respond

Freezing/Not Responding Issues in Edge

Has anyone been having issues with freezing or not responding issues in Microsoft Edge after the big update?

Both of my computers are having the issues. After Edge is opened, then closed, none of my programs work. They are slow and wont respond.

Hopefully, someone can chime in and help me see where the issue lies...

Thanks!

- Jesse

Jesse Williams, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

My computer just freezes and wont respond

1. My computer just freezes and wont respond - Similar Threads - computer freezes wont

2. My Computer keeps freezing or just restarting what is wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps freezing or just restarting what is wrong?: My computer is freezing periodically or just plain restarting randomly, this is really killing my school work flow and my photography productivity i attempted to fix the issue over chat with tech support with my SSD but now it cant even download windows onto it and i am...
  3. My Computer keeps freezing or just restarting what is wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer keeps freezing or just restarting what is wrong?: My computer is freezing periodically or just plain restarting randomly, this is really killing my school work flow and my photography productivity i attempted to fix the issue over chat with tech support with my SSD but now it cant even download windows onto it and i am...
  4. My Computer keeps freezing or just restarting what is wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC not responding/freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  6. My computer just froze and now wont restart

My computer just froze and now wont restart: Hello My son was on PC and it just went blank. It's a new computer Jan 20. It asks me on a blue screen to choose an option I have tried them all! It states it's running an automatic repair and that just requests restart PC or further troubleshoot. I've tried both to no...
  7. My laptop is not responding + freezes

My laptop is not responding + freezes: So I had this problem where my laptop is not responding and when it responds it's freezing the whole thing freezes and I had to shut it down I can't do my work I tried a lot of solution none of them worked I don't want to format it but nothing works too what should I do?...
  8. computer just freezes

computer just freezes: Hi why does my windows 10 just stop working, screen freezes can't do anything have to turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-just-freezes/3e3d1e28-77b9-4c11-b798-07bea6795af1
  9. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...
  10. stuff just not responding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    stuff just not responding: soo when i play games most of the time they are on full screen minimzed because i play and hear music so i always minimize to switch songs and sometimes when i minimize my chrome and skype just not responding or today i installed skype and steam and in the middle of the...