Windows 10: My Computer keep dissapearing from the Network

Discus and support My Computer keep dissapearing from the Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 1903 machine connected via ethernet to a 2 machine network. My machine keeps disappearing from the network. If I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Culp_64, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Culp_64 Win User

My Computer keep dissapearing from the Network

Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 1903 machine connected via ethernet to a 2 machine network. My machine keeps disappearing from the network. If I run network reset, it appears, but soon it is gone again.

:)

Culp_64, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Msap14 Win User

Network File Dissapearance

Network with a server (windows home 2008) has maybe 8 computers on it. they share a folder on the server for files. Recently they've noticed files have dissapeared, and i can't figure out why.

The files share is on a RAID 1 setup, but the partitions aren't quite the same, so there is a possibility.

Also recently, and possibly unrelated to the issue above, files have been popping up on a computer on the network's trash bin and my documents from other random places.

how could these things happen?

Msap14, Aug 13, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. My Computer keep dissapearing from the Network - Similar Threads - Computer keep dissapearing

2. My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: In my household we have two wifi networks, a 2.4G one and a 5.8 one. Each time I turn my computer on it'll connect to either one, but after a short while running it just disconnects. If you open the wifi pannel to try and reconnect it'll say the network's not safe and it has...
  3. My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: In my household we have two wifi networks, a 2.4G one and a 5.8 one. Each time I turn my computer on it'll connect to either one, but after a short while running it just disconnects. If you open the wifi pannel to try and reconnect it'll say the network's not safe and it has...
  4. Bluetooth fully dissapeared from my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth fully dissapeared from my personal computer: Hi, I had my old laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 530 which used to have Bluetooth, a few months ago I had Bluetooth but last night I didn't see any Bluetooth in my notification nor in my settings.I have been trying to find the solution and watched many videos about this problem but non...
  5. Bluetooth fully dissapeared from my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth fully dissapeared from my personal computer: Hi, I had my old laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 530 which used to have Bluetooth, a few months ago I had Bluetooth but last night I didn't see any Bluetooth in my notification nor in my settings.I have been trying to find the solution and watched many videos about this problem but non...
  6. Bluetooth fully dissapeared from my personal computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My D Drive Comepletely Dissapeared From my Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My D Drive Comepletely Dissapeared From my Computer: Last night my computer started being really laggy so I restarted it when I back on I tried to turn on the game again and then my whole computer blue screened when I came back half the files on my desktop were corrupted when I checked Computer it said that theres only a C...
  8. My D Drive Comepletely Dissapeared From my Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    My D Drive Comepletely Dissapeared From my Computer: Last night my computer started being really laggy so I restarted it when I back on I tried to turn on the game again and then my whole computer blue screened when I came back half the files on my desktop were corrupted when I checked Computer it said that theres only a C...
  9. Wifi dissapeared from network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi dissapeared from network connection: Hi, After the last Windows update (last night) my wifi and ethernet disappeared from the network connections. Tried every option suggested, even reinstalled Windows. Still not there, can't connect to the internet....
  10. 5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer: Hello, i have a wireless connection on my desktop computer, and i've always used the 5GHz connection, but when i started it this morning, i couldnt find my own 5GHz connection, but i can see my 2,4GHz and other 5Ghz networks. I've tried changing alot of settings on both my...