Windows 10: My computer keeps blue screening with a variety of crash codes

Discus and support My computer keeps blue screening with a variety of crash codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys, My computer has been crashing for some time now - around 2 years and I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing it!! I'm using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexGillon, Jan 22, 2019.

1. My computer keeps blue screening with a variety of crash codes

Hi Guys,

My computer has been crashing for some time now - around 2 years and I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing it!! I'm using a Dell XPS13 that I bought in February 2016. It's a 9350 with an i7.

I've tried reinstalling Windows multiple times, with and without updating drivers and it makes no difference. I've tried unplugging everything, I've tried updating the BIOS, I've tried removing with WiFi card. I've even tried stress testing the drivers and resolving all of the issues, which didn't help either.

I also can't find any kind of pattern - it seems to crash totally randomly, but usually at least once per day. Sometimes it'll crash while locked, other times it'll crash when I'm using it idly, other times it'll crash when I'm using it intensively.

I've tried scanning memory for problems and I've tried the Dell Support hardware scan, it all shows no issues.

I've been keeping a log of nearly every time it blue screens and below is all of the errors I've seen:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The supposed cause of each of the above errors is ntoskrnl.exe. It says it is caused by that every time, apart from a single time it said it was caused by hal.dll.

I've also got a copy of my most recent memory dump and minidump if that helps.

Please can someone help, this is driving me insane!

:)

AlexGillon, Jan 22, 2019

2. Blue Screens & Computer Crashes

I keep getting Blue Screens that crash my computer. Many different "codes" come up to tell support techs. Many trusted techs tried by remote access to my computer. None succeded(sp?). I came to the Community and found several suggestions and a tech came
    on to chat and was authorized to gain remote access. Afterwards, I had no blue screen crashes for a day & just now had another blue screen.

Can someone help?

VirginiaDyer, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

My computer keeps blue screening with a variety of crash codes

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

My computer keeps blue screening with a variety of crash codes

1. My computer keeps blue screening with a variety of crash codes - Similar Threads - computer keeps blue

2. Computer suffering intermittent blue screens with a variety of error codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suffering intermittent blue screens with a variety of error codes: Hello, about once every one to two weeks for the past few months, my computer seems to throw a bluescreen and then, after restarting, just chug along with no other apparent problems.I've seen a few different errors, among the recent...
  3. Computer suffering intermittent blue screens with a variety of error codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suffering intermittent blue screens with a variety of error codes: Hello, about once every one to two weeks for the past few months, my computer seems to throw a bluescreen and then, after restarting, just chug along with no other apparent problems.I've seen a few different errors, among the recent...
  4. Computer suffering intermittent blue screens with a variety of error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Computer Keeps Blue Screening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Computer Keeps Blue Screening: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 9/20/2022 11:04:46 AM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TLT63P6 Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  6. My Computer Keeps Blue Screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Keeps Blue Screening: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 9/20/2022 11:04:46 AM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TLT63P6 Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  7. My Computer Keeps Blue Screening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My computer keeps Blue Screening

My computer keeps Blue Screening: My computer is relatively new about 5 months old and I am running windows 10. Only up to about 3 months ago did I start experiencing issues with Blue Screening. I would boot my computer for 3-5 hours and then get a bluescreen. Then I would log back into my computer and after...
  9. My computer keeps blue screening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer keeps blue screening: My computer has been blue screening within about 5 minutes of me booting it up. Each time I think I fixed it, a different stop code is displayed. I can tell you anything you need to know. Please help. Edit 11:53-bad config setup submitted by /u/SHA2-224 [link] [comments]...
  10. Computer Keeps Crashing and Blue Screening

Computer Keeps Crashing and Blue Screening: I want to play some games and a couple weeks ago I was able to play but I just got back from college and when I go to start a game, my computer freezes and everything crashes. It either crashes or just blue screens whenever I try to start and play any game, I can't even get...