Windows 10: My computer keeps bluescreening and the cause is different each time.

Discus and support My computer keeps bluescreening and the cause is different each time. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; tcpip.sys used to be the most common cause, but now it's everything. I'm way over my head here. The most recent mini dump:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RGibbs3, Sep 26, 2020.

1. RGibbs3 Win User

My computer keeps bluescreening and the cause is different each time.

tcpip.sys used to be the most common cause, but now it's everything. I'm way over my head here.

The most recent mini dump:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w8fnrypd1a39yw/092620-8937-01.dmp?dl=0

Followed by the other minidumps from most recent to least.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8govkhsqjjto5zh/092620-8906-01.dmp?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnlmuxs14tega18/092620-8843-01.dmp?dl=0

And finally the full dump file. It's over a gig, so that's why I included the minidumps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9k2yzphtiiplps/MEMORY.DMP?dl=0

:)

RGibbs3, Sep 26, 2020

2. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 26, 2020
  3. JanCG Win User
    Bluescreen after sleep caused by asmthub3

Regularly my PC crashes (BSOD) after waking up from sleep.

My PC: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Z170-A, i5-6600, 8GB RAM DDR4

The shown error event is: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xffffe001f86d0cd0, 0xfffff801b9d7b890, 0xffffe001f86e7ab0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f06fbd30-550c-40f5-ae3c-4299480d7ce9.

I loaded the memory.dmp with the tool WinDebug and it indicates the probable cause is asmthub3.sys.

This driver seems to be for the USB-3 hub integrated on my ASUS board.
    Now I have updated several times different versions of this driver, but the problem remains. ASUS support is unable to help and ASmedia is not responding.

Has anyone seen anything similar or any suggestion on how to find a workaround to avoid the bluescreen, other than disabling sleep mode?

Kind regards

Jan

JanCG, Sep 26, 2020
  4. stony2k Win User

KB3163018 causes bluescreen in DirectX DXGMMS1.sys when I maximize video

Still have the same problem.

My setup:

• Lenovo W530
    • Windows 10 64bit
    • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    • NVIDIA Quadro K2000M

Just installed the anniversary update, updated my BIOS, intel graphics card driver and SSD firmware. Fullscreen applications like YouTube still cause a bluescreen.

Any suggestions Microsoft?

stony2k, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer keeps bluescreening and the cause is different each time. - Similar Threads - computer keeps bluescreening

2. My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!: The title explains my problem. I got many different codes, like:IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALSYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORYPAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREAAt this point, Im not sure what to do. The restorehealth command also isnt working properly, as the bar...
  3. My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!: The title explains my problem. I got many different codes, like:IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALSYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORYPAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREAAt this point, Im not sure what to do. The restorehealth command also isnt working properly, as the bar...
  4. My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen: Hi!My PC keeps freezing/ being stuck at whatever task it's on at random times No bluescreen, crashing or restarting. I have reinstalled all the drivers multiple times and it also has healthy temps. Here are my specsCPU - Ryzen 7 5800XGPU - EVGA Geforce RTX 3080Motherboard -...
  6. Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen

Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen: Hi!My PC keeps freezing/ being stuck at whatever task it's on at random times No bluescreen, crashing or restarting. I have reinstalled all the drivers multiple times and it also has healthy temps. Here are my specsCPU - Ryzen 7 5800XGPU - EVGA Geforce RTX 3080Motherboard -...
  7. Roblox keeps causing bluescreen on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox keeps causing bluescreen on computer: Hello!I've been having this issue for a month now. At first, I ignored it thinking it was a one-time thing, but it has happened multiple times now and I'm at my wits end. I have updated all drivers, I have looked for any cause and I can't find the issue. I don't understand...
  8. Roblox keeps causing bluescreen on computer

Roblox keeps causing bluescreen on computer: Hello!I've been having this issue for a month now. At first, I ignored it thinking it was a one-time thing, but it has happened multiple times now and I'm at my wits end. I have updated all drivers, I have looked for any cause and I can't find the issue. I don't understand...
  9. Roblox keeps causing bluescreen on computer

10. My computer keeps crashing, each time with different error codes.

My computer keeps crashing, each time with different error codes.: My computer has been crashing more frequently since the new windows update, but this has never happened to the degree it's occurring at now. The cycle started after I attempted to shut down my pc from the power settings in the little windows hotbar area, but it said that my...