Windows 10: My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

Discus and support My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok so I recently upgraded my computer mobo, ram, cpu and I put my old hdd in it which already had windows on it and all my data. When I turned my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Astromation, Jul 2, 2022.

1. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

Ok so I recently upgraded my computer mobo, ram, cpu and I put my old hdd in it which already had windows on it and all my data. When I turned my computer on, I just booted straight to bios. My hdd is already the primary boot device, And I’ve tried resetting cmos. Nothing seems to work though. Is there anyway I can get windows to boot again?

:)

Astromation, Jul 2, 2022

2. Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Hi Matthew,

There are several possible reasons as to why your computer is not detecting an SSD drive. This could be caused by incorrect BIOS settings or device drivers that need to be updated. Since you already tried the suggestion of Andre Da Costa and this allowed
    your computer to detect the SSD already, we would like to further clarify your concern by asking the questions below:

• If you were already able to install Windows on the SSD, have you already attempted to change the boot order in the BIOS menu?
    • Which version of Windows did you install on the SSD?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 2, 2022
  4. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

1. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows - Similar Threads - computer keeps booting

2. My windows 11 computer keeps booting into BIOS after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 computer keeps booting into BIOS after startup: My computer keeps booting into BIOS even after exiting BIOS. I had a download going and my computer froze for a long period of time so I tried restarting my computer but now it keeps booting up BIOS. I looked through the BIOS to see if anything was wrong but I didn't see...
  3. My windows 11 computer keeps booting into BIOS after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 computer keeps booting into BIOS after startup: My computer keeps booting into BIOS even after exiting BIOS. I had a download going and my computer froze for a long period of time so I tried restarting my computer but now it keeps booting up BIOS. I looked through the BIOS to see if anything was wrong but I didn't see...
  4. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows: Ok so I recently upgraded my computer mobo, ram, cpu and I put my old hdd in it which already had windows on it and all my data. When I turned my computer on, I just booted straight to bios. My hdd is already the primary boot device, And I’ve tried resetting cmos. Nothing...
  5. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows: Ok so I recently upgraded my computer mobo, ram, cpu and I put my old hdd in it which already had windows on it and all my data. When I turned my computer on, I just booted straight to bios. My hdd is already the primary boot device, And I’ve tried resetting cmos. Nothing...
  6. PC boots into bios instead of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots into bios instead of windows 10: Hi guys, abit of context before I start kind of long, sorry about that. I have my windows 10 installed on my m.2 Seagate ssd. Recently, I encountered an issue where my PC blue screened and crashed. When I started it up again, it just goes into bios, failing to detect my boot...
  7. Booting into bios instead windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting into bios instead windows: Hey, I shut down my pc some hours ago and now when I turn it on I get booted in bios. What can I do? I have windows on my ssd and found a option in bios to select boot uptions. Which one do I use?[IMG]...
  8. My computer boots into windows just not BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer boots into windows just not BIOS: I need some help! Specs: Gigabyte X570 Elite Ryzen 7 3800x 32GB RAM 5 drives 3 ssds, 2 HDD 1080ti 850W PSU I was messing around in my bios and I turned on fast boot to ultra before it was disabled. After I saved and exited in my bios my computer sat at a black...
  9. Computer going to BIOS instead to boot (no always)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer going to BIOS instead to boot (no always): My computer is a brand new i5-10400 with 8GB RAM and a Gigabyte mobo. It has not more than 2 months it was assembled. Since a month ago once in a while (say once every 3 days) when I turn it on by the morning instead to proceed directly to the boot it enters the BIOS setup...
  10. PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows: My system works very well for a few years but suddenly it cannot boot directly to windows. Here are a few points I've observed that are different then when it works normally:1. Pressing power button takes longer (around 10 seconds longer) for the power LED to light up. It...