Windows 10: My Computer Keeps Crashing, then Restarting.

Discus and support My Computer Keeps Crashing, then Restarting. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know, I know "It's heat." I hear this all the time, and for a while I thought that to be the case too. But I downloaded a few monitoring programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harley Creel, Sep 29, 2018.

1. My Computer Keeps Crashing, then Restarting.

I know, I know "It's heat." I hear this all the time, and for a while I thought that to be the case too. But I downloaded a few monitoring programs and found out this isn't the case. Every time I load up a game like CS:GO or TF2 my computer crashes on the main menu at this point. It's been crashing and restarting like this for a few months now. It seems to work just fine when I'm not playing games... but gaming is what this PC was built for. Here are my specs:

AMD Radeon HD 6970 - Drivers are up-to-date

AMD Phenom || X4 945 Processor - Up-to-date

12 GB of 1333 MHz RAM

I've never had any problem with my PC running games, being able to play CSGO and Warframe and Rainbow Six: Siege all at high graphics settings. But it's been crashing as soon as I load the game up at this point. I'm just looking for some sort of confirmation as to what the heck is going on with my PC, it's only 8 months old at this point and it shouldn't be dying like this...

:)

Harley Creel, Sep 29, 2018

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Snipe343 Win User

My Computer Keeps Crashing, then Restarting.

Computer keeps crashing

when its in the l last step of installing windows vista it crashes i think its a hardware issue because the is the second disk it has done it on ( i returned the other one) any help would be great system is in the system specs its windows vista ultimate also

Snipe343, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

My Computer Keeps Crashing, then Restarting.

1. My Computer Keeps Crashing, then Restarting. - Similar Threads - Computer Keeps Crashing

2. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing: For reference, I am running windows 10 on my PC. Every time I play games after a little while, my PC either shuts off completely or restarts. Sometimes a blue screen appears, but other times it doesn't; it simply crashes. Also, sometimes my PC will just freeze, so I have to...
  3. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing: For reference, I am running windows 10 on my PC. Every time I play games after a little while, my PC either shuts off completely or restarts. Sometimes a blue screen appears, but other times it doesn't; it simply crashes. Also, sometimes my PC will just freeze, so I have to...
  4. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My computer keeps restarting

My computer keeps restarting: It starts up like normal but before it gets to login screen it says restarting and continuously restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-restarting/c7805fec-ec1c-4914-8409-67b0545a76c7
  6. My Computer Keeps Crashing And Not Restarting After Crash

My Computer Keeps Crashing And Not Restarting After Crash: my computer would crash whenever i would start a game any game so i took it to a store they found out that my ram was bad but it was in warnity so replaced it then it kept going and after a bios update my mother board died so i replaced that aswell after a clean install of...
  7. My Computer Keeps Crashing And Not Restarting After Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Keeps Crashing And Not Restarting After Crash: my computer would crash whenever i would start a game any game so i took it to a store they found out that my ram was bad but it was in warnity so replaced it then it kept going and after a bios update my mother board died so i replaced that aswell after a clean install of...
  8. My Computer Keeps Crashing And Not Restarting After Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Computer keeps crashing and restarting

Computer keeps crashing and restarting: My brand new pc build keeps crashing and restarting without any clue why? also typing as fast as i can before it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-crashing-and-restarting/011e2923-bd67-46db-ac49-7fb704251344
  10. My Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Computer Keeps Restarting: I updated my computer after not being able to due to low disc space, now it just keeps restarting and its been doing this for a couple of weeks. I used a external hard drive to get enough space for the update and I tried turning on and off again, but nothing works....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer keeps crashing and restarting

2. windows 10 crashing then restarting

3. my computer keeps crashing and restarting

4. my dell gaming pc keeps crashing then restarting,
  5. computer crashing then restarting,
  6. my pc keeps crashing and restarting,
  7. computer keeps restarting when trying to play game,
  8. why do certain programs on my computer keep crashing on a regular basis?