Windows 10: My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

Discus and support My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for 2 years now. Whenever I play some games my pc freezes, stutters and shuts down. When I look at the event viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cafer Üçe, Feb 7, 2023.

1. My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

I have been having this problem for 2 years now. Whenever I play some games my pc freezes, stutters and shuts down. When I look at the event viewer there are the same problems. Kernel-power and DistributedCOM. I have tried reinstalling GPU drivers, updating bios, setting my power options to default, checking if my rams were faulty, checking if my pc is overheating it is not. I am not sure if some of the hardware is not put properly or if my PSU is faulty. I am using a 600W psu which should be more than enough. I don't know what to do here are some of the error messages from event viewer. My

:)

Cafer Üçe, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Yeast™ Win User

My computer crashes when playing certain games

Hi!

When i play certain games (Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc.) after a set amount of time (tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game) all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer completely restarts without shutting off (aka every hardware part keeps going, but the OS restarts). I have no clue why this is happening, my I.T. and programming teachers suggested that it might be my motherboard, but i haven't checked yet and my annoyance is starting to grow even more. Does anibody have ani suggestions or tips that could help me, or is there anyone with the same or a similar situation?

Thank you in advance.

Yeast™, Feb 7, 2023
  3. grunt_408 Win User
    crashes in certain games

Are they just random crashes? Or do they most commonly occur 5 minutes into playing a certain game?

grunt_408, Feb 7, 2023
  4. RimorVV Win User

My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

Computer fully freezes while I play certain games and only on certain games.

My computer freezes when I play certain games and these games aren't heavy on the CPU or the GPU. The temperature of both of them is always normal while I play these games as they aren't demanding at all. For example one of the games that the crashes occur on is The Escapists 2 which is not a game that would usually make a computer freeze and I know that my computer is at fault as these freezes very rarely but sometimes would occur without any reason or game. I have replaced my power supply which didn't help and I have performed scans through the command prompt and sometimes it would repair corrupted files but it would not fix my problem. I have also performed a lot of the actions that are recommended like updating my drivers and having all background programs closed however the freezing would still occur. I really want to fix this problem and I will cooperate with anyone that is willing to help. Thank you.

RimorVV, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

1. My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games. - Similar Threads - computer keeps crashing

2. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when only playing certain game !: Good day everyone. Last month im having some problems with random crashes/shutdowns. Practicly every game works normally, i even stream almost every day different game but when i play FIFA my computer shuts down with this problem in event viewer. https://prnt.sc/ykIJfUJyL4SS...
  3. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer crashes when only playing certain game !: Good day everyone. Last month im having some problems with random crashes/shutdowns. Practicly every game works normally, i even stream almost every day different game but when i play FIFA my computer shuts down with this problem in event viewer. https://prnt.sc/ykIJfUJyL4SS...
  4. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.: I have been having this problem for 2 years now. Whenever I play some games my pc freezes, stutters and shuts down. When I look at the event viewer there are the same problems. Kernel-power and DistributedCOM. I have tried reinstalling GPU drivers, updating bios, setting my...
  6. My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.: I have been having this problem for 2 years now. Whenever I play some games my pc freezes, stutters and shuts down. When I look at the event viewer there are the same problems. Kernel-power and DistributedCOM. I have tried reinstalling GPU drivers, updating bios, setting my...
  7. My computer crashes when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  8. My computer crashes when playing certain games

My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  9. My computer crashes when playing certain games

10. Computer crashes when playing certain games

Computer crashes when playing certain games: My computer crashes when playing For Honor, Warhammer Vermintide 2, and attempting to start New World. I've reset my windows and done several other troubleshooting methods on this website. I've tried contacting support, but Microsoft doesn't have online chats and the phone...