Windows 10: My Computer keeps dimming. It dims every second if I don't keep moving the cursor.

Discus and support My Computer keeps dimming. It dims every second if I don't keep moving the cursor. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I actually found the answer thanks to my teenage son. I have an alien computer and tobii eye tracker needed to be turned off. He typed in tobii eye... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SaraFinkler, Sep 26, 2018.

1. My Computer keeps dimming. It dims every second if I don't keep moving the cursor.

I actually found the answer thanks to my teenage son. I have an alien computer and tobii eye tracker needed to be turned off. He typed in tobii eye tracker in the search space in after clicking on the windows icon. It wasn't automatically in settings. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem?

:)

SaraFinkler, Sep 26, 2018

2. Moving cursor to edge of screen causes the screen to dim, help?

Hello,

I have posted this question before, but my issue resolved itself upon installing Adobe Acrobat. I have since formatted my computer and completed a fresh install of Windows 10, and the issue has resurfaced. I have recorded a video of my issue.

I am making this post because when I search the terms "Windows 10" and "screen dimming", the only results I get all pertain to "adaptive brightness settings" for computers and laptops with ambient light sensors. My computer is a custom home build and does
    not have these sensors. You kind folks are my only hope!

I have literally just finished formatting and reinstalling Windows 10 on my machine. Windows then downloaded and installed some basic updates. I have not installed any programs on my machine, nor have I made any changes to any of the settings. When I move
    the cursor towards the edge of the screen, in any direction, the screen dims noticeably when the cursor approaches the edge. There is a distinct "line" at each edge of the screen that triggers the dimming. Moving the cursor back toward the center of the screen,
    back across this "line" returns the original brightness.

When I had this issue the first time, I spent quite a few hours browsing through settings, changing my search terms, digging through forums, etc., in order to find a solution. In the end, installing the trial version of Adobe Acrobat somehow solved my issue.
    Now that I have done a fresh clean install, the problem has resurfaced.

The link is a video I took on my phone (only method available to me, sorry). In the video, I move the cursor around, showing the "lines" and the dimming. I also demonstrate that having an active window open makes this dimming issue go away. However, having
    a program running but with the window minimized, the issue persists.

My machine specs are as follows:

Kaby Lake i5 - 7500 3.4GHz

Radeon RX 480 8GB

Asus BF 250 Motherboard

8GB GSkill DDR4

My monitor is an older Samsung, but still new enough that it supports HDMI.

My monitor is plugged into my GPU via HDMI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this issue is affecting my enjoyment of Windows 10 greatly.

Thanks!

itsDrGirlfriend, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Moving cursor to edge of screen causes the screen to dim, help?

Hi,

It's really odd that your screen automatically dims when you move the cursor on each side of the monitor, and not when you have Edge open. We also want to let you know that we appreciate the things that you've done to resolve your concern. It could be the
    basic updates or the hardware itself of your computer system is the issue. However, we don't want to assume anything yet until we isolate your concern. Can you provide us the answers to these questions:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you using (e.g., 1703, 1607)?
    • Does the issue persists before the updates have been installed?
    • Have you tried replicating the issue in safe mode?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Sep 27, 2018
  4. My Computer keeps dimming. It dims every second if I don't keep moving the cursor.

Adaptive Dimming

Thank you for providing your answer to the questions.

If that did not resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Go back to the first setting that you've tried (Refer to your screenshot).
    • Under Dimmed display brightness, change the value of
      On battery
      and Plugged in option to "0".
    • Click Apply and restart your computer.
    Changing the value to "0" won't automatically reduce the display brightness of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kenneth Mon, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

My Computer keeps dimming. It dims every second if I don't keep moving the cursor.

1. My Computer keeps dimming. It dims every second if I don't keep moving the cursor. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps dimming

2. My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?: I accidentally uninstalled one of my 2 GPUs in device manager and haven’t seen it return in the list even after installing drivers from AMD and resetting my PC entirely. When it would dim, sometimes even using the function brighten key on the keyboard wouldn’t work. It would...
  3. My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?: I accidentally uninstalled one of my 2 GPUs in device manager and haven’t seen it return in the list even after installing drivers from AMD and resetting my PC entirely. When it would dim, sometimes even using the function brighten key on the keyboard wouldn’t work. It would...
  4. Windows11 keep screen dimming just a second of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 keep screen dimming just a second of inactivity: Dear, I just upgrade from Windows10 to Windows11. The process went perfectly and overall I satisfy with Windows11.Anyway, one problem that cannot be solve is the screen of my laptop keep dimming just a second of inactivity.Also the system put itself to sleep mode. I tried...
  5. Windows11 keep screen dimming just a second of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 keep screen dimming just a second of inactivity: Dear, I just upgrade from Windows10 to Windows11. The process went perfectly and overall I satisfy with Windows11.Anyway, one problem that cannot be solve is the screen of my laptop keep dimming just a second of inactivity.Also the system put itself to sleep mode. I tried...
  6. page keeps dimming when I click on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    page keeps dimming when I click on it: page keeps dimming when I click on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-keeps-dimming-when-i-click-on-it/0e452efd-d894-4129-98df-66246294c6c3
  7. laptop screen keeps dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop screen keeps dimming: my screen gets darker when i have it display darker collers for like 30 seconds and when i go back to a white page it takes another 30 second to get a bit brighter again but for gaming it is realy annoying so i looked it up and it says that i have to turn my adaptive...
  8. my screen keep auto dimming?????

my screen keep auto dimming?????: in 2020 why dose my screen keep auto dimming????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keep-auto-dimming/7f1f68ea-db58-4617-b6d0-439ffad194e6
  9. Screen keeps dimming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen keeps dimming: Hey, I have a predator helios 300 laptop G3-571-77QK The screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I...
  10. Screen dims and brightens every few seconds

Screen dims and brightens every few seconds: The screen on my Dell Inspiron 5555 laptop keeps dimming then brightening every few seconds. I'm running Windows 10 with the October 2018 update. I've tried to adjust the battery settings, the power mode, and the brightness, but I've had no luck solving the problem. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop constantly chiming and dimming