Windows 10: My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download

Discus and support My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've been trying to download a total of 6 .rar files around 3gb each from a Google Drive with no success at all. Every time I try, my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carlos AG 2, Apr 9, 2020.

1. My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download

So I've been trying to download a total of 6 .rar files around 3gb each from a Google Drive with no success at all.

Every time I try, my laptop disconnects from WiFi. I've been trying for a couple of days with the same outcome every time. It does not even reach the 1gb mark.

For some reason, anytime this happens, my modem stops working. So I need to reset my modem in order to reconnect.

I'm 100% sure it's my PC since I've been downloading a couple of games and updates in my PS4 20gb on average during the same time span with no issues.

It's important to say that my PC runs perfectly fine besides that, and won't have any other connection issue as long as I don't start downloading.

I thought it was a driver so I updated the driver IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 Not sure of what it is, I saw it in a blog.

Apparently it worked. At least for a day. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence but I was able to download 2 of the files mentioned.

Now I keep having the same problem.

I was thinking about formatting my PC. But I'm afraid that after all the long and tedious process, the problem doesn't get solved.

For what it's worth, this is an HP Pavilion x360.

Any clues of what it might be?

Thanks a lot, guys!

:)

Carlos AG 2, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Apr 9, 2020
  3. vaxevanos Win User
    WiFi keeps getting disconnected

Man do this steps one of that works for 99%

1)can your machine connects to another wifi network
    if yes restart or reset your router after that go to your settings and click forget your wifi network as you can see in the picture and try to conect from start
    My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download [​IMG]

2)if you cant conect anywhere then burn an ubuntu live cd,boot form ther and check if you are be able to concet in your wifi from here .if yes,then you have a software problem with windows,your settings or whatever it is and you need to unistall your drivers and make all windows updates for your machine .
    if no then probably your wlan card is dead unscrew your laptop and check if the wifi_card is hot if yes try to find another wifi card or buy a usb wlan card as i did when i have this problem for me this works fine Wifi Dongle, HOMORE Wifi adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band (2.4G/150Mbps+5.8G/433Mbps) Wireless USB Network Adapter/Antenna for Desktop/Laptop/PC, Support Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista Mac Os:Amazon.co.uk:Computers & Accessories

vaxevanos, Apr 9, 2020
  4. sandila Win User

My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download

wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently.
    I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is
    always connected on the same Wifi network.

Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity each time.

Now the problem is each time I go and disable the connection manually and then enable it does restore the connectivity. Why should I do this ? What is the problem as what is happening.

I thought power management to be a problem so I checked
    How to Check if Connected or Disconnected Modern Standby in Windows 10
    Here is a screenshot of powercg /a on my system

30 days before reading this tutorial Add Networking connectivity in Standby to Power Options in Windows 10 I had added the option to add network connectivity in standby mode. By using the following command powercfg -attributes F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9 -ATTRIB_HIDE
    as mentioned in option one of tutorial.
    However if you see the powercfg /a output
    my system does not have support by firmware
    Code:
    so I hope that did not work. Later on after all this my system performance was not good due to other reasons.
    So I used media creation tool and on that there was an option to upgrade I choose that, the laptop seem to be formatted for system files (that is my understanding if something else happened then I do not know).
    All the settings and apps and device drivers were present as it is.
    I again after a couple of days used media creation tool

So all settings I think got erased.
    However this is not the cause of my problem I am just mentioning to understand what I did.
    2 things I want to know
    1) What is the cause of my network connectivity problems while mobile phones are connected and they don't disconnect in this Wifi network but Laptop does.

2) How to backup my existing device drivers if I format the system.

I am on
    Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)

sandila, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download

1. My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download - Similar Threads - computer keeps disconnecting

2. My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: In my household we have two wifi networks, a 2.4G one and a 5.8 one. Each time I turn my computer on it'll connect to either one, but after a short while running it just disconnects. If you open the wifi pannel to try and reconnect it'll say the network's not safe and it has...
  3. My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: In my household we have two wifi networks, a 2.4G one and a 5.8 one. Each time I turn my computer on it'll connect to either one, but after a short while running it just disconnects. If you open the wifi pannel to try and reconnect it'll say the network's not safe and it has...
  4. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet: Using the wifi keeps disconnected from wifi ,I tried so many tricks available in youtube and internet but nothing gives me the output properly ,Power management mode is not displaying in my laptop...
  5. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet: Using the wifi keeps disconnected from wifi ,I tried so many tricks available in youtube and internet but nothing gives me the output properly ,Power management mode is not displaying in my laptop...
  6. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: My laptop windows 11 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi and then I have to manually reconnect to it once again by turning it off and on in my laptop. Not sure how to solve this issue. I thought it could be a computer virus so I scanned my laptop with two different...
  8. My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: My laptop windows 11 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi and then I have to manually reconnect to it once again by turning it off and on in my laptop. Not sure how to solve this issue. I thought it could be a computer virus so I scanned my laptop with two different...
  9. Wifi disconnects everytime I turn on my pc

Wifi disconnects everytime I turn on my pc: Hi, So my situation is when I turn on my pc every device connected gets disconnected including the pc too. Eventually it does reconnect to the internet after 30 mins delay or so and I can't have this since I'm working and also I might disrupt everyone else's business while...
  10. Wifi keeps disconnecting but only for my computer

Wifi keeps disconnecting but only for my computer: My desktop seems to be having a problem where, every couple of hours, the wifi randomly disconnects. This is very annoying since it happens during video games or talking to others. This isn't a router issue since all my other devices are still connected to the internet. I...