Windows 10: My computer keeps downloading windows updates and creating temp files that bog down my hard...

Discus and support My computer keeps downloading windows updates and creating temp files that bog down my hard... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am really upset, every day my computer downloads about 30g of updates and on my home network which has a limit of 1tb a month, (which usually isnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neil Kushman, Nov 10, 2019.

1. My computer keeps downloading windows updates and creating temp files that bog down my hard...

Hi I am really upset, every day my computer downloads about 30g of updates and on my home network which has a limit of 1tb a month, (which usually isnt a problem) but now my meter has peeked over because widows wont stop sending me gigs worth of updates. Also my hard drive is piling up to full in literally 2 hours after cleaning 50 g worth of data daily, two hours later completely full. this OS is complete garbage. Why is this happening to my surface pro? I bought this to be highly functional, instead I am wasting time trying to clean space up on this three thousand dollar piece of **** because you cant build a stable os and insist upon forcing updates on people constantly.

I am unable to work and cant focus because your my OS is piling up garbage temp data, over using using my network bandwidth to constantly download updates and warning me that I am constantly running out of space.

For real though. Get your act together if you're gonna charge 3k for something.

:)

Neil Kushman, Nov 10, 2019

2. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Nov 10, 2019
  4. ginagray Win User

My computer keeps downloading windows updates and creating temp files that bog down my hard...

i have a large amount of temp files

i have a large amount of temp files, i keep running the internet options to get rid of them but they are still there and my computer is bogging down.

ginagray, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

My computer keeps downloading windows updates and creating temp files that bog down my hard...

1. My computer keeps downloading windows updates and creating temp files that bog down my hard... - Similar Threads - computer keeps downloading

2. Computer bogs down after login to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bogs down after login to windows: I recently bought a new msi katana laptop with windows 11. I’ve noticed a weird quirk when starting up the computer. When I shut down using the standard approach of clicking the windows button on the start menu and select the power icon followed by shutdown or restart, the...
  3. Computer bogs down after login to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer bogs down after login to windows: I recently bought a new msi katana laptop with windows 11. I’ve noticed a weird quirk when starting up the computer. When I shut down using the standard approach of clicking the windows button on the start menu and select the power icon followed by shutdown or restart, the...
  4. Updated my Windows and file was transferred to temp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated my Windows and file was transferred to temp: I have updated my windows 10. Now, I have this annoying issue of having the files moved to temp folder. How to have it back to original folders?...
  5. Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture: Why is Windows 10 creating a temp file on my desktop when I download a picture? And how do I stop this from happening? The only way I can delete it is reboot. I tried the following:a Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.b Type Folder Options and click on it.c...
  6. Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture: Why is Windows 10 creating a temp file on my desktop when I download a picture? And how do I stop this from happening? The only way I can delete it is reboot. I tried the following:a Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.b Type Folder Options and click on it.c...
  7. Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture

Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture: Why is Windows 10 creating a temp file on my desktop when I download a picture? And how do I stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-files-created-on-desktop-after-downloading-a/19690994-6073-42e3-bd22-0b42c2952f84
  8. There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder: Hello , so a few weeks ago suddently I found out that I cannot use the ctrl+c or ctrl+v in a program. When I tried to copy and paste something in a text file it showed the file location to this...
  9. My PC keeps creating these DMP files every single second in my temp folder.

My PC keeps creating these DMP files every single second in my temp folder.: I don't know what's causing it, or when it started, but my entire temp folder is full of these, "PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-09--14-16-23_.dmp". No matter how many I delete, they literally just keep...
  10. Windows Defender hogging resources and bogging down my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender hogging resources and bogging down my computer: I had thought that perhaps some malware infected my computer and I open up task manager and the resources are being hogged by Windows Defender itself, which seems to be a bit of malware itself. Specifically something called Antimalware Service Executable. I have read the...