Windows 10: My computer keeps freezing under load/running games

Discus and support My computer keeps freezing under load/running games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When ever i run a game or program, my screen and audio freezes and a minute aftrer it shuts down and starts back up. When it start back up it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adeel Zaidi, Dec 2, 2023.

1. My computer keeps freezing under load/running games

When ever i run a game or program, my screen and audio freezes and a minute aftrer it shuts down and starts back up. When it start back up it doesn't recognize my, keyboard , microphone, headset it does still give audio after restart but doesn't come up as a "primary output" on most applications like RTX voice or discord but only my mouse with on-board memory. I already made one of these earlier and the fix was to change my GPU driver to a older one but this didn't work. All information I can provide is listed below:Link to all minidumps created:MinidumpSystem information:OS Name Microsoft

:)

Adeel Zaidi, Dec 2, 2023
  2. aries117 Win User

Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Ultimate Word Games stuck "Loading"

Hi Ed,

Being unable to load the Microsoft Ultimate Word Games is may be due to several factors. It is a possible connection issue or the games are incompletely installed.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you perform the following solutions on your computer to resolve the issue:

Solution 1. Run the Windows App Troubleshooter on your computer.

Go to this
    link
    and click on Run troubleshooter.

Solution 2. Reset Windows Store.

Reset the Windows Store to clear store cache by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Solution 3. Restart your computer.

Restarting your Windows 10 device resets anything running in the memory that can cause the game to freeze or stop responding. To restart your Windows 10 device, complete the following steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from
      the bottom-left corner of the main screen. 
    • Select Power, and then select Restart.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 2, 2023
  4. My computer keeps freezing under load/running games

Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

My computer keeps freezing under load/running games

1. My computer keeps freezing under load/running games - Similar Threads - computer keeps freezing

2. My computer keeps crashing despite it not being under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing despite it not being under heavy load: had a coupe power outtages in the past couple weeks, before then it was working fine, now whenever i try to load into a game like elden ring i can play for a little bit but then my pc just restarts or blue screens. below i have attatched the dump file.Microsoft R Windows...
  3. My computer keeps crashing despite it not being under heavy load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps crashing despite it not being under heavy load: had a coupe power outtages in the past couple weeks, before then it was working fine, now whenever i try to load into a game like elden ring i can play for a little bit but then my pc just restarts or blue screens. below i have attatched the dump file.Microsoft R Windows...
  4. My computer keeps freezing under load/running games

My computer keeps freezing under load/running games: When ever i run a game or program, my screen and audio freezes and a minute aftrer it shuts down and starts back up. When it start back up it doesn't recognize my, keyboard , microphone, headset it does still give audio after restart but doesn't come up as a "primary output"...
  5. PC or Games Keep Crashing Under Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC or Games Keep Crashing Under Load: So when playing even just mildly intensive games I will regularly crash after ~1 hour. At first, I logged this happening when under heavy load 80%+ GPU, 60%+ CPU in Ultra Settings, 4K res and thought it might just be a thermal issue so I reconfigured fans, changed curves, and...
  6. PC or Games Keep Crashing Under Load

PC or Games Keep Crashing Under Load: So when playing even just mildly intensive games I will regularly crash after ~1 hour. At first, I logged this happening when under heavy load 80%+ GPU, 60%+ CPU in Ultra Settings, 4K res and thought it might just be a thermal issue so I reconfigured fans, changed curves, and...
  7. PC or Games Keep Crashing Under Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My Laptop completely freezes under load

My Laptop completely freezes under load: So my Laptop has 2 GPUs,integrated Vega 3 and external Radeon 535. When I try to play games with the 535,everything runs smoothly for the first 10 minutes,then the fans go absolutely crazy and everything freezes. At that point I can only manually shut it down. I am 100% sure...
  9. BSOD Under load(gaming)

BSOD Under load(gaming): Hey, I randomly get BSOD while im playing games, i had no BSOD until I upgraded my GPU(from gtx 750ti to xfx gts radeon rx580 xxx 8gb). I tried several things: reinstall windows, DDU, memtest, replace PSU. Also i followed this instructions to verify drivers...
  10. Freezing Under Load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing Under Load: Hello, I have a custom built windows 10 gaming pc. My pc is “freezing” under load. However, I am still able access the start menu. All drivers are up to date. Specs: OS: Windows 10 1909 MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk Ram: 16GB DDR4 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (not overclocked) GPU: Nvidia...