Windows 10: My computer keeps freezing...

Discus and support My computer keeps freezing... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, It appears that my 2015 Acer Aspire ES1-512 has chosen to just give up on me and freeze for no reason. This was after the 20H2 update but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeoNovaN, Mar 2, 2021.

1. GeoNovaN Win User

My computer keeps freezing...

Hello,
    It appears that my 2015 Acer Aspire ES1-512 has chosen to just give up on me and
    freeze for no reason. This was after the 20H2 update but seems to occur now no matter the operating system.
    How do I know this?
    After some research, I concluded that the Windows Operating system might no longer support my old laptop even though it still is relatively new... so I decided to switch to the good ol' linux. Which continued freezing so this may be a Hardware issue. If not, maybe my computer is missing a driver?
    My Hard Drive is fine, though for those who believe they may be able to assist me, note that I have wiped my hdd many many times as I do supposedly what may be called "Operating system hopping" which means I am indecisive as heck and I continue installing windows and linux as my computer does not support dual booting. So maybe my disk IS worn down or broken? or maybe this is a Motherboard issue?
    Anyways, I don't know whats going on and my computer keeps freezing and I just... this is so annoying...

Here is some more information regarding what ive done to try and fix this issue and what computer I use.

** What I've done to far:
    I ran DiskCheck and SFC. SFC had mentioned that there was corrupted files it fixed but the crashing still persists.

Ran troubleshooter returned nothing but the "No issues found" prompt.

Updated every driver even after my pc keeps crashing

** About my computer:

Model: Acer Aspire ES1-512,

Serial: NXMRWAA037534247326600

SNID: 53414929866

RAM: 4GB 3.89GB

STORAGE: 500.1GB
    CPU: Intel Celeron ® N2840 @ 2.16GHz, 2159 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors

GPU: Intel integrated graphics

Current OS: Windows 10 20H2

Used OS's: Ubuntu, Parrot Home, Parrot Security, Kali Linux, Elementary OS, Windows 10 20H2.

:)

GeoNovaN, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 2, 2021
  3. aries117 Win User
    Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Mar 2, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

1. My computer keeps freezing... - Similar Threads - computer keeps freezing

2. my computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer keeps crashing and freezing: when im gaming on red dead redemption 2 or just watching a youtube video, i have a ryzen 5500x with a rtx 3060 with a 1tb ssd and 16gb of RAM heres the message of most bug checks when i check them on the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  3. my computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer keeps crashing and freezing: when im gaming on red dead redemption 2 or just watching a youtube video, i have a ryzen 5500x with a rtx 3060 with a 1tb ssd and 16gb of RAM heres the message of most bug checks when i check them on the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  4. My computer keeps crashing and freezing

My computer keeps crashing and freezing: So my windows 10 keeps crashing and it says critical process died or previous system shutdown was unexpected also says dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...
  5. My computer keeps randomly freezing

My computer keeps randomly freezing: My computer has been randomly freezing on many occasions now. I have received a VIDEO SCHEDULER ERROR and VIDEO TDR FAILURE in the past, and recently have had the computer just freeze, with the screen going white, then black, and completely restarting. The Event Viewer show...
  6. My computer keeps crashing/freezing

My computer keeps crashing/freezing: Not really sure why, or when, or how to re-create it. But it seems without flaw GTA 5 does it. Log Name: System Source: NetBT Date: 12/16/2020 2:01:12 AM Event ID: 4311 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  7. My computer screen keeps freezing

My computer screen keeps freezing: Hello, My computer keeps freezing up. All I know is that everything stops, I cannot move the mouse or anything, but the audio still works. From what I know, Event viewer displays this: MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID:...
  8. My computer keeps freezing up

My computer keeps freezing up: I haven't had this problem before, but in the last couple of days my computer keeps freezing up on some games, not all. Can you help me with this problem? Thanks...
  9. My computer keeps freezing

My computer keeps freezing: I have Windows 10 and my computer is freezing. It is a new computer so I am confused as to why this would be happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-freezing/492eaedf-f0bb-4217-81f6-24f672e4daeb
  10. my computer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer keeps freezing: Brand new computers keep freezing because of updates. This downs the computer for days at times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-freezing/a42a805a-8b92-4658-a845-683988ad76b3