Windows 10: My computer keeps going to lock screen

Discus and support My computer keeps going to lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there - I've had a persistent issue with my lenovo laptop. I plug my laptop into a docking station, so I look at it on a separate, larger monitor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Houston1234, May 13, 2021.

1. My computer keeps going to lock screen

Hi there - I've had a persistent issue with my lenovo laptop. I plug my laptop into a docking station, so I look at it on a separate, larger monitor. It keeps on going to screensaver/lock screen. I've tried everything. My power and sleep settings for screen is "never" for plugged in and battery power. They are also never for sleep. My screensaver is also turned off. Sometimes, even if my mouse if moving it goes to the lock screen. If I try to watch a video or have a Zoom meeting, it goes to lock screen after a bit. It is insanely annoying a

:)

Houston1234, May 13, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 13, 2021
  3. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, May 13, 2021
  4. My computer keeps going to lock screen

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 13, 2021
Thema:

My computer keeps going to lock screen

1. My computer keeps going to lock screen - Similar Threads - computer keeps going

2. My Display Keep going to my lock screen after a minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Display Keep going to my lock screen after a minute: I Have tried everything I have seen online and it still go to my lock screen in only a minute can anyone help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-keep-going-to-my-lock-screen-after-a/3d48b0e1-74db-4286-8df4-3ec3d5598289
  3. My Display Keep going to my lock screen after a minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Display Keep going to my lock screen after a minute: I Have tried everything I have seen online and it still go to my lock screen in only a minute can anyone help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-keep-going-to-my-lock-screen-after-a/3d48b0e1-74db-4286-8df4-3ec3d5598289
  4. My Display Keep going to my lock screen after a minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen: After I login to Windows 10 it automatically logs me off and I have to keep trying to login. This just started occurring 2 weeks ago. Any advice? I have already refreshed the computer and it still is happening....
  6. Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.: When the computer is IN USE the screen goes black then goes back to the lock screen and requires the passcode again. It does it every 3-5 minutes then eventually spreads out to every 8-10 minutes, but it's super annoying in the middle of a youtube video or screen recording....
  7. Computer going to “locking” screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer going to “locking” screen: Hello, i’m not sure what info is needed but I do indeed have a windows computer, but when my battery is low, not dead, it randomly shows a blue screen that says “locking” also it shows “hibernating” too, then it goes black, i’ve been looking this up for awhile and i’ve found...
  8. My computer keeps freezing/going to Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps freezing/going to Blue Screen: My computer keeps crashing when I'm playing games such as Destiny 2 and Roblox. I'm looking at the CLSID and APPID when my computer freezes. But their different numbers every time. And sometimes it even says unavailable. When I'm playing Destiny 2 it freezes and makes the...
  9. My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen.: My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen while I'm doing something. I don't know what to do. I don't have a screen saver or anything but it just keeps doing it....
  10. My computer will randomly go to the lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer will randomly go to the lock screen: When I am using my computer, the screen will go black and then go to the lock screen, just like if I had locked it using the start menu. It happens even If I'm actively using my computer. All my power settings are set so that when my laptop is on the "hp recommended" power...