Windows 10: My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off?

Discus and support My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for a way to keep my laptop from logging me out (hence closing all my windows) after I leave it alone for a while. I think I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DarylBagley, Sep 5, 2019.

1. My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off?

Hi, I'm looking for a way to keep my laptop from logging me out (hence closing all my windows) after I leave it alone for a while.

I think I have the same problem discussed in this thread. However, it's possible Microsoft has moved the locations of some of the relevant settings according to this thread.

So, does anyone know where the relevant settings are?

:)

DarylBagley, Sep 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 Logging off under 2 minutes of inactivity

Hi,

I realize that the computer is logging off if it is under 2 minutes of inactivity. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this user account?
    You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Further you may also follow these steps to reset all default power plans to default settings:

• Open a command prompt.

• In the command prompt, type “powercfg –restoredefaultschemes” and press Enter.

• Close the command prompt.
    Remember to restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 5, 2019
  3. How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

Our firm just upgraded our conference room computer to Windows 10. We set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but we prefer to keep the computer on and set it to never fall asleep, so automatic updates aren't interrupted.

For security reasons however, we would like the computer to automatically log out after the screen is inactive for 5 minutes. The only relevant setting that I've been able to find is under Settings --> Accounts --> Sign In Options:

I only have two options here:

• When PC wakes up from sleep
    • Never
    Neither of these work for us, since we set the computer to never sleep. Are there any other options available that would allow us to a) keep the computer from sleeping b) log out automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Thanks!

CPAusingWindows10, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off?

Hi,

This issue might be due to changes on Settings after an update.

We would like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Are you using Microsoft account to sign-in into the user account?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try the steps provided below:

• Right click Start Button or press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • In the Settings app, navigate to Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • On the Sign-in options screen, scroll down and under
      Privacy section, turn Off the Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart option.
    • Close Settings app and restart the machine, check if the issue is resolved.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off?

1. My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off? - Similar Threads - computer keeps logging

2. Turning my computer off signs me out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning my computer off signs me out: Just recently, whenever I turn my computer on and off, all my accounts are logged out, and it says I need to resign in or else I run this risk of losing anything I do. Its the same login I'd been using for the past few months, and only recently started this issue....
  3. Turning my computer off signs me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning my computer off signs me out: Just recently, whenever I turn my computer on and off, all my accounts are logged out, and it says I need to resign in or else I run this risk of losing anything I do. Its the same login I'd been using for the past few months, and only recently started this issue....
  4. Turning my computer off signs me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I set up my PC so that after x hours of inactivity it will automatically log me out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up my PC so that after x hours of inactivity it will automatically log me out?: How do I set up my PC so that after x hours of inactivity it will automatically log me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-my-pc-so-that-after-x-hours-of/94187fdb-1645-4185-9840-432ae3f6705a
  6. How do I set up my PC so that after x hours of inactivity it will automatically log me out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set up my PC so that after x hours of inactivity it will automatically log me out?: How do I set up my PC so that after x hours of inactivity it will automatically log me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-my-pc-so-that-after-x-hours-of/94187fdb-1645-4185-9840-432ae3f6705a
  7. How do I make my computer not auto-log me out/turn the display off? Regedits?

How do I make my computer not auto-log me out/turn the display off? Regedits?: Hello, I'm basically trying to make my computer a kiosk without putting it in Kiosk mode but for some reason it keeps logging me out after 15 minutes. What are the regedits/local group policy fixes to keep everything on? I'm on a domain in an OU that has NO policies...
  8. My computer keeps on logging me out 20-30 seconds after I log in

My computer keeps on logging me out 20-30 seconds after I log in: My computer keeps on logging me out 20-30 seconds after I log in. I've tried the method of the "toggle my sign-in info" but it was already on. I don't know what to do and I need to get school work done...
  9. Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

Turn off computer after hours of inactivity: Hi, I want to know if it is possible to create a local active directory policy on a computer that will shut it off not sleep mode setting after given hours of inactivity. N:B: I want to implement this policy on a local device and hope it will not affect other computers...
  10. How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity?

How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity?: How do I extend the time the computer logs off due to inactivity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-the-time-the-computer-logs-off-due/04d8014e-157d-4903-b101-fd65b4c13bf3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer logs off for inactivity

2. my computer keeps logging off from inactivity

3. computer is logging out due to inactivity

4. 7945 phone keeps logging me out