Windows 10: my computer keeps muting itself

Discus and support my computer keeps muting itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem appeared last week. My computer permanently keeps muting itself. I am trying to increase volume, it battles with me to get itself muted. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by derhazar, Aug 24, 2020.

1. derhazar Win User

my computer keeps muting itself

This problem appeared last week. My computer permanently keeps muting itself. I am trying to increase volume, it battles with me to get itself muted. I cannot unmute. I tried every way uninstall- install drivers, windows 10 recovery, cleaning boots, deactivate even volume buttons. My laptop is lenovo yogo 300. Is there any way to fix it?

:)

derhazar, Aug 24, 2020
  2. AL43915 Win User

Mute-Mute-Mute

Guess I am joining the party. Have tried everything. Its a one shot deal with the microphone. I can do one command to Cortana and I get muted. Skype, I last a few seconds. My two computers are the same, a new Lenovo laptop, and my Asus Kabby Lake gamer. No malware or viruses, drivers are all up to date. Tried every suggestion I have found across Internet. Nothing has worked for me. Microsoft, you folks need to fix this bug, I'd call you and leave a message but I keep getting muted.

AL43915, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Aug 24, 2020
  4. llinfeng Win User

Windows 10 Volume Mixer fails to keep System Sounds muted over Remote Desktop Connection

The problem:

after having muted the System Sounds on the remote desktop machine, it shall unmute itself after several seconds. This pattern is persistent.

The physical setting:

I use my laptop at work, and use Remote Desktop Connection to access my desktop machine left in my apartment.

The software setting:

I have enabled Remote audio through the Remote Desktop Connection, and chose Remote audio playback --> Play on this computer. Thus, I get audio streaming on my laptop at work.

My attempt:

I have tried to find a way to mute System Volumes through a shortcut, and the following pages appears to be helpful:

1. HowToGeek suggested to create a shortcut with the following executable command:

“C:\Path\To\nircmd.exe” mutesysvolume 2
    2. The same source also points me to the shortcut for opening the Volume Mixer. %SystemRoot%\System32\SndVol.exe. Yet, I failed to find a stable way to mute System Sounds through AutoHotKey.

The problem for the suggested approach is that, on Windows 10, nircmd.exe no longer take the option "mutesysvolume 2" as designed. Instead of toggling the System Volumes, it is toggling the Device Volume. This is different from what the specs have suggested: NirCmd - Windows command line tool

llinfeng, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. my computer keeps muting itself - Similar Threads - computer keeps muting

2. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help: I have attempted every troubleshooting method I can find multiple times and have found no solution. I've tried to update drivers, ended svc.hosts, ran multiple malware detection programs none of which found anything, changed advanced microphone settings as instructed,...
  3. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help: I have attempted every troubleshooting method I can find multiple times and have found no solution. I've tried to update drivers, ended svc.hosts, ran multiple malware detection programs none of which found anything, changed advanced microphone settings as instructed,...
  4. Microphone keeps muting itself

Microphone keeps muting itself: As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I know of that would affect my sound settings like this. Can anyone help?...
  5. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  6. My notebook PC keeps getting muted by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My notebook PC keeps getting muted by itself: I've tried every solution on the internet but my laptop's audio keeps on getting muted on its own. I don't know what went wrong but the last thing I did before all this started was updating my Windows 10. I don't know if it is because of Windows update which I did the...
  7. Audio muting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio muting itself: Does anyone know what might cause the audio to mute itself . Ive seen the behavior on a couple of different machines now, mainly HP Probook laptops. It seems to happen most often during Zoom meetings while talking the microphone and speakers randomly mute. Ive tried the...
  8. Microphone keeps un-muting itself

Microphone keeps un-muting itself: I keep a microphone on my desk, plugged into the 1/8" jack on the back of my Dell tower. Every day I mute it, because it picks up ambient noise and repeats it through my headphones while I'm listening to music/et.c at work. Every time I come back to it, watching a video,...
  9. microphone mutes itself

microphone mutes itself: When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans....
  10. Microphone Mutes Itself

Microphone Mutes Itself: There is a new Dell laptop with Win10 and Skype installed. I do not always have access to it - trying to fix it for someone who keeps it at their house - I get access to it occasionally. Problem: The microphone keeps muting itself. Reset it and it's OK for a while, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my laptop keeps muting itself