Windows 10: My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

Discus and support My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Macflame, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Macflame Win User

My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card test and it was OK.The power supply I am using is a year old and is more than enough to run my system.After cleaning my graphics card etc. The computer ran for six hours without fault. Then the next day, random sleep again.I am now preparing to do a fresh install of Windows, but I would rather not as I have lots of programs

:)

Macflame, Jan 9, 2022
  2. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up. nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

_JP_, Jan 9, 2022
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 9, 2022
  4. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

Logon screen keeps on appearing after waking up the computer from sleep - Windows 10

Hi,

This is actually the first thing we tried. The computer comes up with a message saying:

"Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. To change this go to setttings and search for Power and Sleep."

The dropdown box underneath is greyed out, and inactive.

Going to Power and Sleep leads to your first suggestion, which is a dead end.

Regards, Stewart

StewartPeppiatt, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

1. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up. - Similar Threads - computer keeps randomly

2. My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.: I am running Windows 11 build 22631.2506. My computer will go to sleep after a long period of time but won't wake up via the mouse, keyboard, or power button. Here are the things that I have tried. This didn't start happening until I bought a large 49" Samsung curved display....
  3. My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.: I am running Windows 11 build 22631.2506. My computer will go to sleep after a long period of time but won't wake up via the mouse, keyboard, or power button. Here are the things that I have tried. This didn't start happening until I bought a large 49" Samsung curved display....
  4. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.: This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card...
  5. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.: This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card...
  6. Computer randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer randomly wakes up from sleep: My computer tends to randomly wake up form sleeping and I'm not sure why. This isn't at any specific time for maintenance, its completely random. I do have an ultralight mouse and the problem might be that it slides around a bit and turns on the computer but i'm not...
  7. Computer keeps randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps randomly going to sleep: Henlo there. I'm having a problem with my Windows 10 laptop where it keeps randomly going to sleep, and I don't know what's causing it. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you. submitted by /u/JormungandRED [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  9. Computer won't sleep consistently; keeps waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep consistently; keeps waking up: My Windows 10 install won't stay asleep, and it's driving me mad. Sleeping used to work just fine back when I was running Win7. It would go to sleep when told, stay asleep until woken. Everything was great. Then it started waking up at random times. I did a lot of...
  10. Sleep: Keeps waking up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep: Keeps waking up!: Hi Folks, Since I upgraded to 10 I have had constant issues. Mainly when I put the machine to sleep it wakes itself up automatically. I have banned all deviced from allowing it to wake, removed it from any workgroups and a million other fixes I have seen online. Yet I...