Windows 10: My computer keeps rebooting and says innaccessable boot device

Discus and support My computer keeps rebooting and says innaccessable boot device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer reboots over and over and says cod innaccessable boot device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GregoryThomas8, Nov 22, 2020.

1. My computer keeps rebooting and says innaccessable boot device

My computer reboots over and over and says cod innaccessable boot device

:)

GregoryThomas8, Nov 22, 2020

2. reboot and select property boot device

You need to set your main Harddrive which has your Operating System on as the first harddrive to boot, if have more than one harddrive.

open Bios
    boot priority
    Select the OS harddrive as first boot drive , If not sure switch between them
    Set correct time and date if wrong
    Save and reboot

If not sure on steps , give the Make and model number of motherboard and can assist you.

Hopefully no damage to the HDD

SnakeDoctor, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Youngr95 Win User
    My computer won't start up inaccessable boot device.

Hi, the other night my mouse stopped responding, so i tried to restart the computer. When it was booting back up it gave me the error, innaccessable boot device. I have also tried starting in safe mode and that did not work.

Youngr95, Nov 22, 2020
  4. My computer keeps rebooting and says innaccessable boot device

Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

My computer keeps rebooting and says innaccessable boot device

1. My computer keeps rebooting and says innaccessable boot device - Similar Threads - computer keeps rebooting

2. my pc is stuck in a screen that says reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is stuck in a screen that says reboot and select proper boot device: my pc was running, smooth until I turned it off one day, and when I turn it back on it brings to a msi settings and i restart it and it say this...
  3. my pc is stuck in a screen that says reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc is stuck in a screen that says reboot and select proper boot device: my pc was running, smooth until I turned it off one day, and when I turn it back on it brings to a msi settings and i restart it and it say this...
  4. Computer Keeps Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Rebooting: My computer keeps rebooting blue screen error due to many different reasons as per the event viewer. I have also noticed through Speccy that only 1496 mHz ioy my ram is being used. I believe my ram is capable of close to 4000 mHz. I have looked into the BIOS for this, and in...
  5. Computer Keeps Rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Keeps Rebooting: My computer keeps rebooting blue screen error due to many different reasons as per the event viewer. I have also noticed through Speccy that only 1496 mHz ioy my ram is being used. I believe my ram is capable of close to 4000 mHz. I have looked into the BIOS for this, and in...
  6. Computer Keeps Rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer keeps rebooting?

Computer keeps rebooting?: Ever since my PC was completely rebuilt at Microcenter about 9 months ago in Maryland, it has been randomly rebooting or experiencing BSOD. It rebooted 5 times yesterday . When a BSOD occurs, I troubleshoot according to those messages. So far there has been: “KMODE...
  8. computer keeps rebooting

computer keeps rebooting: hi all, i have a del optiplex 755 running windows 10 and it just keeps rebooting while I am trying to use it. how can i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-rebooting/9f27f6a0-4a25-4ec9-b526-94c9e17dc567
  9. my computer keeps rebooting

my computer keeps rebooting: how do I get my computer to stop rebooting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-rebooting/5135b395-59ac-43cc-b674-e5a1e2c707c5
  10. PC is freezing constantly and says “Reboot and Select Boot device”

PC is freezing constantly and says “Reboot and Select Boot device”: This started happening occasionally a couple weeks ago, but it has started to become constant. Sometimes it would freeze when i try to update/uninstall something and sometimes its just random even if I don’t do anything. So I have to cut its power to avoid the message just so...