Windows 10: My computer keeps recording desktop sounds and taking them as microphone input.

Discus and support My computer keeps recording desktop sounds and taking them as microphone input. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Like the subject says, whenever I go on Discord calls, my computer takes the sound straight from my computer and takes it as sounds from my microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by acquireTigris, Oct 30, 2020.

1. My computer keeps recording desktop sounds and taking them as microphone input.

Like the subject says, whenever I go on Discord calls, my computer takes the sound straight from my computer and takes it as sounds from my microphone and sends it to the call. I need help turning it off.

:)

acquireTigris, Oct 30, 2020

2. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Oct 30, 2020
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Oct 30, 2020
  4. My computer keeps recording desktop sounds and taking them as microphone input.

Sound is not being recorded when taking a video

Sound is not being recorded when taking a video. I know the microphone is working since I can ask a question verbally and the computer responds. However, no sound appears to be recorded when taking the video. There does not seem to be any controls to adjust
    the sound input which also seems strange.

JayRubin777, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

My computer keeps recording desktop sounds and taking them as microphone input.

1. My computer keeps recording desktop sounds and taking them as microphone input. - Similar Threads - computer keeps recording

2. Record computer sound AND my speach using Microsoft Sound Recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record computer sound AND my speach using Microsoft Sound Recorder: I am trying to set up MS Sound Recorder 11.2309.32.0 so it allowes me to record my voice AND the sound coming out of the computer in the same recording. How can I make this happen? I've got "Windows 11 Home, Version 22H2".I tried this, which did not work: If I go to...
  3. Program to Record Sound and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program to Record Sound and Microphone: Does anyone know of a program which can be used to record system audio and the microphone simultaneously into an .mp3 file? I need such a program to record audio during video calls on various calling applications like Telegram and Skype.Audacity does not have the capability...
  4. Detected microphone but no input sound

Detected microphone but no input sound: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I have searched up many similar questions but cannot find the solution. I just built a new desktop PC with newly installed Windows 10. I am using a headphone splitter to connect my headset to the desktop front panel. Some things to note: - All drivers...
  5. Recording on laptop via microphone input sounds dull, what to do?

Recording on laptop via microphone input sounds dull, what to do?: Hello I want to record music with my instruments again. For this purpose I connected the mixing console to the microphone input of the laptop. Windows 10 is on it and I use Audacity for recording. You can select the sound sources via pull-down menu. Microsoft...
  6. My Microphone is recording the Desktop environment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Microphone is recording the Desktop environment: The problem is basically the title, and one example is when I'm in discord with my friends, they can listen to the video I'm watching on Youtube, or listening to music on Spotify. So basically that's about it, it started happening recently, and is not a discord problem...
  7. Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.

Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.: Similar to if not the exact same as this man's problem, my microphone is not recording/listening to what I say. I've tried to solo trouble shoot on my own for the past 2 hours and have not been able to fix the issue. I've even tried to replace the microphone. The bars on...
  8. Microphone records input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...
  9. Microphone doesn't input a sound

Microphone doesn't input a sound: I have a problem with my microphone, when I try to test recording mic doesn't input a sound but when I try this at my mobile device it's running well, can someone give me solution? I have try a lot troubleshooting test and try solve with solution in internet but no one work...
  10. Microphone detected but no input sound

Microphone detected but no input sound: Mic suddenly stopped working (it was working properly yesterday night). The input device is showing properly: [ATTACH] Windows even detects when I connect it to the front or the back jack. So it's being detected properly. Today I booted the computer and no sound was...