Windows 10: My computer keeps shutting off!

Discus and support My computer keeps shutting off! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The Ducc, Jun 28, 2022.

1. The Ducc Win User

My computer keeps shutting off!

Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a box appears saying "Low Battery" "Shutting Down" and then "Locking". In that order too. It then turns off slowly for the next 30 seconds. However, before the computer shuts off, it is at 1-5% battery PLUGGED IN!, but when I turn it back on, it says "100%"The computer also shuts off when I unplug it.If you could hel

:)

The Ducc, Jun 28, 2022
  2. AndreePin Win User

Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

Hi Ethan,

There several reasons why your computer is shutting down automatically. For us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering an error message when your computer automatically shuts down? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?
    • Does the issue occur when you're performing a specific task on your computer or does it occur randomly?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Jun 28, 2022
  4. My computer keeps shutting off!

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

My computer keeps shutting off!

1. My computer keeps shutting off! - Similar Threads - computer keeps shutting

2. My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen keeps shutting off, but the computer isn't.: My Lenovo IdeaPad 4's screen keeps turning off when I'm playing a game. For example, when I'm playing Minecraft, after two minutes the screen turns off. But as I am writing this question, the screen hasn't shut down. The power on button is on, but it doesn't turn on when I...
  3. Computer keeps shutting off, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps shutting off, please help: Please help! My computer keeps turning off when I don’t have it plugged in despite it having a lot of battery around 70 percent. At first I was confused but I quickly realized that it only turns on when it’s still plugged in, Is their any way to fix this. I had this computer...
  4. Computer keeps shutting off, please help

Computer keeps shutting off, please help: Please help! My computer keeps turning off when I don’t have it plugged in despite it having a lot of battery around 70 percent. At first I was confused but I quickly realized that it only turns on when it’s still plugged in, Is their any way to fix this. I had this computer...
  5. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing: For reference, I am running windows 10 on my PC. Every time I play games after a little while, my PC either shuts off completely or restarts. Sometimes a blue screen appears, but other times it doesn't; it simply crashes. Also, sometimes my PC will just freeze, so I have to...
  6. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing: For reference, I am running windows 10 on my PC. Every time I play games after a little while, my PC either shuts off completely or restarts. Sometimes a blue screen appears, but other times it doesn't; it simply crashes. Also, sometimes my PC will just freeze, so I have to...
  7. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  9. My computer keeps shutting off!

My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  10. Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly: Hello. I am having a problem with my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer, every few often my computer would shut off without warning (like if the power cable was pulled out). So i had gone to the windows event viewer and there was a Critical Kernel-Power 41 (63) error. Can...