Windows 10: my computer keeps switching location what do i do

Discus and support my computer keeps switching location what do i do in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my computer keeps switching location what do i do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wendell washington, Sep 6, 2022.

1. my computer keeps switching location what do i do

my computer keeps switching location what do i do.

:)

wendell washington, Sep 6, 2022

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2022
  3. Maps app can not determine my location

Hi Ron, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

I suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

1. Press and hold Windows + I buttons and open Settings.

2. Look for the Location tab and click on it.

3. On the left side, look for “Allow apps to access your location”.

4. Toggle ON the switch below.

5. Scroll down to see the list of app that you allow access to your location.

6. Look for Maps to make sure that the switch in ON.

Martin Jenkinss, Sep 7, 2022
  4. my computer keeps switching location what do i do

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

my computer keeps switching location what do i do

1. my computer keeps switching location what do i do - Similar Threads - computer keeps switching

2. My computer keeps freezing on start up. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps freezing on start up. What do I do?: My computer started freezing about a week ago and I’ll use the shift + F8 + power trick for a while, and it worked. Recently, I have been having more problems with start up and it has been taking longer when I got on yesterday, I hard reset my computer to see if that could...
  3. My computer keeps freezing on start up. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps freezing on start up. What do I do?: My computer started freezing about a week ago and I’ll use the shift + F8 + power trick for a while, and it worked. Recently, I have been having more problems with start up and it has been taking longer when I got on yesterday, I hard reset my computer to see if that could...
  4. Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?: My computer keeps freezing and restarting. I've looked into the Event Viewer and this is what shows up. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-KSNAS7E$ via...
  5. Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?

Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?: My computer keeps freezing and restarting. I've looked into the Event Viewer and this is what shows up. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-KSNAS7E$ via...
  6. Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. my computer keeps switching location what do i do

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer keeps switching location what do i do: my computer keeps switching location what do i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-switching-location-what-do-i-do/0242684f-c75d-443c-b285-e84988fec85b
  8. my computer keeps switching location what do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer keeps switching location what do i do: my computer keeps switching location what do i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-switching-location-what-do-i-do/0242684f-c75d-443c-b285-e84988fec85b
  9. how do i keep my monitor to switching.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i keep my monitor to switching.: My monitor switches when ever im on full screen playing games and id like to use to use obs but sometimes if i flick to the other monitor i tab out is there any way i can lock my screen so that doesnt happen...
  10. how do i keep my monitor to switching.

how do i keep my monitor to switching.: My monitor switches when ever im on full screen playing games and id like to use to use obs but sometimes if i flick to the other monitor i tab out is there any way i can lock my screen so that doesnt happen...