Windows 10: My computer keeps switching off without notice after about an hour on both Skype and Zoom...

Discus and support My computer keeps switching off without notice after about an hour on both Skype and Zoom... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has recently started to switch off without notice during a Skype or Zoom call after about an hour. How can I stop this happening?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DianeWatson3, Jun 10, 2021.

1. My computer keeps switching off without notice after about an hour on both Skype and Zoom...

My computer has recently started to switch off without notice during a Skype or Zoom call after about an hour. How can I stop this happening?

:)

DianeWatson3, Jun 10, 2021

2. Zoom and Skype keep Freezing

Hello,

So I've been experiencing freezes on zoom and skype calls. I've reset my network and reentered the wi-fi password. I turned the router off and then on. I've run diagnostics test and it keeps saying nothing is wrong. Nothing is stopping the zoom and skype
    calls from freezing.

MayaWilliams2, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Lee L. Win User
    Video is not working for Zoom or Skype

Hello,

Have you checking the privacy settings if Camera is ON on both Zoom and Skype?

Go to Setting > Privacy > Camera > make sure the toggle button for both Zoom and Skype are ON.

If my suggestion did not solve the issue, please reply back and confirm if there is an error message or error code so we can try other step.

Might as well open the Camera App and test if it's working there so we can narrow down the problem.

Kind Regards,

< / L e e >

Lee L., Jun 10, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My computer keeps switching off without notice after about an hour on both Skype and Zoom...

zoom

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get audio in Zoom. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Zoom article

Testing computer or device audio
    and see if that helps.

However, I would also suggest you to get in touch with the
    Zoom support team for further assistance with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

My computer keeps switching off without notice after about an hour on both Skype and Zoom...

1. My computer keeps switching off without notice after about an hour on both Skype and Zoom... - Similar Threads - computer keeps switching

2. Zoom and Skype keep Freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zoom and Skype keep Freezing: Hello, So I've been experiencing freezes on zoom and skype calls. I've reset my network and reentered the wi-fi password. I turned the router off and then on. I've run diagnostics test and it keeps saying nothing is wrong. Nothing is stopping the zoom and skype calls from...
  3. my computer keeps switching itself off just after starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer keeps switching itself off just after starting: My computer switches itself of as soon as it has started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-switching-itself-off-just-after/964d5381-71fc-451d-b772-8bcead604d7f
  4. video not working in SKYPE or ZOOM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video not working in SKYPE or ZOOM: my video doesn't work on Zoom or SKYPE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-not-working-in-skype-or-zoom/6c536123-8485-4202-af99-1a9ec4b2738a
  5. Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off computer after hours of inactivity: Hi, I want to know if it is possible to create a local active directory policy on a computer that will shut it off not sleep mode setting after given hours of inactivity. N:B: I want to implement this policy on a local device and hope it will not affect other computers...
  6. Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date: So my computer Asus windows 10 keeps switching off when unplugged or switches off after a while (not always, it sometimes goes down to 30% or even less). Every security software tells me the battery is healthy and the drivers are up to date. I even had windows reinstalled at...
  7. Debugger restarting my computer in off hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugger restarting my computer in off hours: Howdy! I apologize in advance for what may be a redundant thread. My computer just started exhibiting a weird behavior wherein Windows restarts without incident during the hours in which I am not using it. I am mostly bothered by this because it didn't use to do this....
  8. Webcam Zoom in Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Zoom in Skype: I have the latest version of Skype. I am able to see my webcam image in the video configuration section, but it is zoomed in too close. Is there a way to adjust the zoom, using Skype or some software-based method? Major001...
  9. Skype keeps crashing my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Skype keeps crashing my computer: Whenever I make a call I either get video in use by other program( even though I have turned off access to camera to all apps except Skype, unistalled and reinstalled the camera drivers) or it will work for about 10 seconds, freeze make a loud sound and I have to hard reset...
  10. About Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Skype: Hello Forum I have in mind to install Skype on my win 10 pc. Made some search and learned that win 10 contains Skype, found somethind alike in the apps menu like in attached screenshot. When clicked on it - nothing happened. I asked the technician (installed the system) -...