Windows 10: My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

Discus and support My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 1beaudave1, Oct 2, 2020.

1. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes hick ups when I start it back up. I have turned off the automatic restart, etc. If I go through the power off properly, it shuts down....then within seconds comes back on.

:)

1beaudave1, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10: computer keeps tabbing out of currently used program

Hi Sheyshen,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your Windows 10 computer to its latest update?
    • Have you tried to turn off the Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows
      in the Notification & Actions Settings of your Windows 10 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

If you are not able to turn off that in the Notification & Actions Settings, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Notifications & Actions.
    • Deselect the option Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
    • Restart your computer.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Gramps Win User

My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

1. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself. - Similar Threads - computer keeps turning

2. Computer keeps turning on by itself -- and changing the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning on by itself -- and changing the time: I recently built my own computer, and it keeps turning on by itself, which is weird enough. I've tried all the solutions I could find online -- the motherboard bios, the wake timers, the fast startup, the scheduled updates, pretty much everything, and nothing's solved it....
  3. My computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer turns itself on: I have my computer set not to turn off plugged in but when I put it to sleep it turns on by itself a couple mins later. When I put it in hibernate it turns on by itself also a couple mins later is this a bug or?? submitted by /u/Yng-Swiper [link] [comments]...
  4. my computer keeps muting itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer keeps muting itself: This problem appeared last week. My computer permanently keeps muting itself. I am trying to increase volume, it battles with me to get itself muted. I cannot unmute. I tried every way uninstall- install drivers, windows 10 recovery, cleaning boots, deactivate even volume...
  5. computer turning itself on

computer turning itself on: Hi all , is anybody out there who's computer also just turns itself on? If so how did you sort the problem ? yours brendon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-itself-on/2b496be9-3ddc-4c6a-9f84-f37c883a59d6
  6. Computer turns on by itself

Computer turns on by itself: I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was...
  7. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  8. computer turns itself on

computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  9. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns on by itself: [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...