Windows 10: My computer keeps turning itself off. No error code.

Discus and support My computer keeps turning itself off. No error code. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Screen keep[IMG]s turning off at sporadic times. Youtube, on idle, simple Google search. Mouse freezes in place. Screen freezes. Screen goes black.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DianaJopanda, Apr 11, 2020.

1. My computer keeps turning itself off. No error code.

Screen keepMy computer keeps turning itself off. No error code. [​IMG]s turning off at sporadic times.

Youtube, on idle, simple Google search.

Mouse freezes in place. Screen freezes. Screen goes black. Monitor reads no source or going to sleep depending on which monitor i am using. Fans turn on. Temp never exceding 115 f. I feel lile i have a very expensive paperweight. One person wanted to volunteer his services. He said this is a very common problem with .DLL files that just need to put my computer in some sort of .frame work. Then he wanted to charge me a fee. Please. I have spoken to several people who have the same problem.

:)

DianaJopanda, Apr 11, 2020
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Apr 11, 2020
  4. My computer keeps turning itself off. No error code.

Problem when computer is turned off

Hi Millie,

This behavior usually happens whenever your computer experience system crash during turning off your computer. We need to configure the Startup and Recovery settings to disable automatic restart when experiencing a system failure. Follow the steps below:

• Type sysdm.cpl in the search bar, then press Enter.
    • Go to the Advanced tab.
    • Click Settings below Startup and Recovery.
    • Uncheck Automatically restart.
    • Click OK.

Note: Since the issue is possibly caused by a system failure, if you experience any blue screen error after following the steps, kindly let us know the stop error code to help isolate the issue.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

My computer keeps turning itself off. No error code.

1. My computer keeps turning itself off. No error code. - Similar Threads - computer keeps turning

2. My computer turns off by itself why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer turns off by itself why?: When ever I try to install windows 10 it tells me to not turn off the computer but for some reason my computer automatically turns off by itself and I don’t know what to do I’ve installed windows 10 many times because of this and it keeps on happening what can I do...
  3. My computer turns off by itself why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer turns off by itself why?: When ever I try to install windows 10 it tells me to not turn off the computer but for some reason my computer automatically turns off by itself and I don’t know what to do I’ve installed windows 10 many times because of this and it keeps on happening what can I do...
  4. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.: Hello,I came here a while ago to try fix my issue, however the problem still persists. Here's my previous thread if anyone is interested;Hoping to get help,Thanks,Shay...
  5. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.: Hello,I came here a while ago to try fix my issue, however the problem still persists. Here's my previous thread if anyone is interested;Hoping to get help,Thanks,Shay...
  6. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself: why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-turning-on-and-off-by/eae71674-2474-407b-acea-848b26542461
  8. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  9. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  10. My computer randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer randomly turns itself off: Hi, I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which i replaced. Now my pc runs with two different brand rams bu have same spec, ddr2 2GB 800. anyway I have my pc connected...