Windows 10: my computer keeps turning on when the mouse is moved or desk bumped

Discus and support my computer keeps turning on when the mouse is moved or desk bumped in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; computer won't stay off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LindaChattin, Apr 27, 2020.

1. my computer keeps turning on when the mouse is moved or desk bumped

computer won't stay off

:)

LindaChattin, Apr 27, 2020

2. After shutting down the system, moving mouse will turn on the computer

Hi Fatboi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse/display driver is being outdated. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps resolving the issue.

Method 1.

For the issue with mouse try the below steps and check if this helps.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Also follow the below methods to update mouse driver.

Step 2.

I recommend you to update the USB mouse driver manually and check. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      and hit the Enter.

• Go into Device Manager and click on
      Mice and other pointing devices

• Right click on the Mouse and click on properties.
    • Now click on Driver tab and locate for the Update Driver and click on it.
    Method 2.

I suggest you to update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

Go to the computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for all the devices on the computer and then install them by following the instructions given in the website. And let us know the status.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 27, 2020
  3. mouse axis ''X'' is now ''Y'' and viceversa

Hi Richiesco,

I would suggest you to test the issue plugging in a different mouse and see if the issue persists.

You may also test the same mouse on a different computer and let us know the results.

I would also suggest you to follow these steps and test the issue:

• Click on Start.
    • Search for Ease of Access and click on Ease of Access mouse settings.
    • Turn on Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen.
    • Check if the mouse moves in the right direction when you use the numeric keypad on the keyboard.

Let us know if it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 27, 2020
  4. my computer keeps turning on when the mouse is moved or desk bumped

Computer wakes up on mouse movement... again

At some point my personal laptop started waking up whenever I moved the mouse. This was very irritating: nudge it, or bump the desk it rests on, and the computer's disk started spinning even though the computer was closed and no external keyboard or monitor
    was attached.

A few weeks ago I decided to fix it. I looked up the procedure for turning off "wake on mouse movement" (using DevMgmt, simple but very obscure) and did it.

A few days ago the mouse started waking up the computer again. I just looked up the procedure for turning it off -- again -- and fixed it -- again.

Why does this setting keep coming unstuck? What must I do to make it stay fixed after I fix it?

Orthoducks, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

my computer keeps turning on when the mouse is moved or desk bumped

1. my computer keeps turning on when the mouse is moved or desk bumped - Similar Threads - computer keeps turning

2. Mouse keeps moving to the left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse keeps moving to the left: Ever since this morning, my mouse has been acting up. At first, it would just stay within the bottom left corner and when I tried to move it, would stay within the taskbar area. Now however, it moves into the main area but without me doing anything it will move itself to the...
  3. My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on: Every once in a while I’ll but my knee into my desk when I’m sitting and my monitors will disconnect. I’m barely hitting my knee on the table so I know it’s not disconnected and I’ve replugged in all of my cables connecting my monitors to my computer but they still say no...
  4. My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on: Every once in a while I’ll but my knee into my desk when I’m sitting and my monitors will disconnect. I’m barely hitting my knee on the table so I know it’s not disconnected and I’ve replugged in all of my cables connecting my monitors to my computer but they still say no...
  5. My monitors turn off when I bump my leg into my desk and they won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gpu turns off when my computer is bumped: I got my gpu a while ago and now I have had to switch to a worse gpu. The gpu Im trying to fix is a gtx 970 I have tried it on different systems to see if it is the system or the gpu. It is the gpu and when ever I bump it or tap my pc slightly the gpu turns off and I get the...
  7. Mouse keeps disconnecting if I lightly bump it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keeps disconnecting if I lightly bump it: Hello, My mouse disconnects if lightly bump the front part. However this is only true for one computer. The computer stops recognizing it for a few seconds and then the mouse reconnects. It is important to mention that the lights on the mouse don't turn off, only the red...
  8. My computer turns off mice when moving fast

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer turns off mice when moving fast: I tested it with multiple different mice. Every time I move my mouse quickly for long distances smth like 10cm, it just turns off for a few seconds. It started happening around a year ago but I don't remember changing anything. help?...
  9. My pages keep going back when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pages keep going back when I move my mouse: I am writing this on mobile. All of a sudden for some reason now that if i go onto google chrome and i search up any website and i go onto it as soon as i move my mouse it sends me back to the starter page as if i pressed the undo button i dont know what to do can someone...
  10. erratic mouse keeps moving when typi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    erratic mouse keeps moving when typi: ng when not doing anything & opens unwanted files I am on windows 10 with a Microsoft wireless keyboard. I have changed batteries I've changed keyboards but every day I get very frustrated that what I think I've type is not there because the cursor has moved somewhere else...