Windows 10: My computer keeps updating?

Discus and support My computer keeps updating? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The updates seem to install normally, and then a day or two later it will need to update again. For instance, I updated a day or two ago. But this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by C. Brock, Mar 14, 2020.

1. C. Brock Win User

My computer keeps updating?

The updates seem to install normally, and then a day or two later it will need to update again. For instance, I updated a day or two ago. But this morning I boot up and I have a "your device will restart to update outside of regular hours" notification again as well as a windows update symbol in the little right hand task bar tray. My computer is idle often but I shut it down completely every night. When it needs to update, I make sure it has power and internet and leave it to do it's "update and shut down" thing. When it says reboot, I reboot.

Is something wrong? Should it be updating this frequently?

Idk if specs are important but here they are, just in case. Sorry it's so big!

My computer keeps updating? c155ca79-d348-4a05-ae2f-54d9e125b1bb?upload=true.png

:)

C. Brock, Mar 14, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Computer (orginally 8) keeps rebooting to install updates

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer keeps restarting because of updates and I will be happy to answer your query. Let me ask you;

• Which security software is installed in the computer?
    • Do you remember making any specific change in the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to an update or multiple?
    This could be due to several reasons and to diagnose the issue, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check;

Step 1: Remove any external devices connected to PC (except mouse and keyboard)

Step 2: Disable security software and check.

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 3: If you are referring to multiple updates, I would suggest you to try installing 4-5 updates at a time and then try restarting the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 14, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer keeps updating? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer keeps updating? - Similar Threads - computer keeps updating

2. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  3. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  4. My computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps restarting: It starts up like normal but before it gets to login screen it says restarting and continuously restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-restarting/c7805fec-ec1c-4914-8409-67b0545a76c7
  5. My computer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing: logs systemHere are the logs for the crashes that have happened recently. It would be nice if someone could tell me what causes this restarting issue and how to fix it...
  6. My computer keeps updating to Windows version 2004.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer keeps updating to Windows version 2004.: Every other day, my computer prompts me to "Restart and Update" but whenever I check what update it is, it's 2004 every time. I believe it's stuck in an update loop, or the update is failing. (also I know I am behind on my updates. I'm not very good at keeping up with them.)...
  7. My computer keeps updating every hour!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer keeps updating every hour!: My computer keeps updating every hour and I tell it to update and leave for a few minutes and I come back thinking it did its thing and I start playing a game and it starts all over again every hour! How do I get this to stop!!!...
  8. Windows Updates keep bricking my computer

Windows Updates keep bricking my computer: This is a problem I've had for a long time now which has gotten steadily worse. Every single time I need to restart or shut down to complete a windows update, my laptop completely breaks. I get a black screen upon startup and nothing beyond that, forcing me to turn it off and...
  9. my computer keeps rejecting certain windows updates

my computer keeps rejecting certain windows updates: my computer keeps rejecting certain windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-rejecting-certain-windows/502dfbf5-44af-48bc-99af-312fd1a5bac9
  10. How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer

How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer: I bought my laptop. I paid for it. It is mine. I paid $300 to have the new hard drive installed and it was working like a top before the updates started again. It is up to me alone to decide what gets downloaded into my machine. No one, and I mean NO ONE, has a right to...