Windows 10: My computer keeps wiping things at random times

Discus and support My computer keeps wiping things at random times in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Most days, I log into my desktop and everything is fine and peachy keen. I'm logged into everything, all of my Minecraft worlds are there, everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErinLamb, Dec 30, 2019.

1. ErinLamb Win User

My computer keeps wiping things at random times

Most days, I log into my desktop and everything is fine and peachy keen. I'm logged into everything, all of my Minecraft worlds are there, everything is at peace. About once or twice a month, I'll log in with this expectation only to find that I have been logged out of everything, my MC worlds are completely gone, and my settings in the games I play are reverted to default. It's been going on for about four months now and it just happened again. I also can't personalize my desktop even though I do run real, licensed Windows and not a fake version of it. I keep researching my issue and there doesn't seem to be anyone else out there with the same problem. I guess I don't really know where to even check first? I'm becoming exhausted with not feeling free to use my computer without feeling like it's all just going to end up being for nothing anyways. I would really appreciate some help with this. Thank you

:)

ErinLamb, Dec 30, 2019
  2. evanv13 Win User

BSOD at random times doing random things.

Hi,
    I am getting BSODs at random times, while doing different things each time. Been getting them for 5 days trying to narrow down what could be causing it. Searching lead me here. I did the posting instructions. Also did sfc/scannow 2 times that was suggested on another post. After the scannow both times it told me there were corrupt files that it couldnt fix. Any help moving on from here would be great.

Thank you.

Attachment 71239
    Attachment 71240

evanv13, Dec 30, 2019
  3. my computer keeps on downloading random software

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please tell me whether the downloading software belongs to Microsoft?

The issue might occur due to download of random softwares.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

If downloading software belongs to Microsoft,then I suggest you to refer the article below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Note:Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device, and in this case
    you will need a way to prevent the problematic driver or update from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows Updates are installed.

Method 2

I also suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

• press Windows + r to open run command.
    • Run services.msc to open Services Manager.
    • Ensure that the Windows Defender service is started and set to Automatic.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Dec 30, 2019
  4. My computer keeps wiping things at random times

Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

My computer keeps wiping things at random times

1. My computer keeps wiping things at random times - Similar Threads - computer keeps wiping

2. My computer keeps making a notification sound at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps making a notification sound at random times: I already turned off the notifications in the system settings, but it does not stop. I am not able to correlate to anything. How do I make it stop?...
  3. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times: I recently have been have a problem with my Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx, I recently redownload Project Zomboid from Steam and after that my Pc has been crashing or freezing up at random times mostly when I play games or try to update the system. My volume also...
  4. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times: I recently have been have a problem with my Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx, I recently redownload Project Zomboid from Steam and after that my Pc has been crashing or freezing up at random times mostly when I play games or try to update the system. My volume also...
  5. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen: Hi!My PC keeps freezing/ being stuck at whatever task it's on at random times No bluescreen, crashing or restarting. I have reinstalled all the drivers multiple times and it also has healthy temps. Here are my specsCPU - Ryzen 7 5800XGPU - EVGA Geforce RTX 3080Motherboard -...
  7. Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen

Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen: Hi!My PC keeps freezing/ being stuck at whatever task it's on at random times No bluescreen, crashing or restarting. I have reinstalled all the drivers multiple times and it also has healthy temps. Here are my specsCPU - Ryzen 7 5800XGPU - EVGA Geforce RTX 3080Motherboard -...
  8. What are the best things to do while wiping my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the best things to do while wiping my computer?: I suspect I might have some sort of virus, probably multiple. I've been having so many random computer problems for the past year that I don't even know what to do to fix it. I downloaded some free virus scanner a few months ago, and it said I had a lot, don't know if I...
  9. My computer keeps minimizing games automatically at random times

My computer keeps minimizing games automatically at random times: This issue had just started to happen. It currently happens with Bendy and the Ink Machine, Team Fortress 2, Terraria and Minecraft just to name a few. I had already tried restarting my PC and pressing the Windows button and X (no dialogue box appears) I had looked at...
  10. BSOD at random times doing random things.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at random times doing random things.: Hi, I am getting BSODs at random times, while doing different things each time. Been getting them for 5 days trying to narrow down what could be causing it. Searching lead me here. I did the posting instructions. Also did sfc/scannow 2 times that was suggested on another...