Windows 10: My computer keys type random numbers and letters.

Discus and support My computer keys type random numbers and letters. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been happening for a while. when I type the p key it types qerw- and clicks enter, when I type the 0key it types 0613428 when I type *it types... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tete170, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Tete170 Win User

My computer keys type random numbers and letters.

This has been happening for a while. when I type the p key it types qerw- and clicks enter, when I type the 0key it types 0613428 when I type *it types *3zcv, shift and question mark pressed at the same time scrolls my page all the way down without shift it types *3zcvxpressing the semicolon key types +and opens the box you use to search words on a page, opens the bookmark bar and makes a new bookmark, and opens a bunch of other apps on my computer there are a other things that are going on for example keys that aren't meant to open apps, open apps like the comma key

:)

Tete170, Jun 23, 2021

2. Keyboard typing random letters

I am running Windows 10 build 18945 and random applications (most of them) are getting typed in random letters. I have found many things saying check your input language but i only have one that is English (US).

And the random letter a key will type is not always the same. I can hold down 'a' for instance and it'll type a series of numbers and letters. So it is not consistent

Example, copy and pasted holding down 'a'

One of the only applications that correctly recognizes the input is Firefox

Pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue, because it is not in all applications.

This is an integrated keyboard in the Lenovo ThinkPad T430s

It also seems to be intermittent

EDIT If i remember right, this started around disabling credential and device guard (I can't use any emulator/virtualization with them on because the virtualization is then exclsuively used by Hyper-V, and i needed to run Intel HAXM)

linuxandria, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original
    English settings and nothing has changed. The odd thing is that it works on some programs and not others.

It works on:

Chrome, File Explorer, Internet Passwords, Steam, Spotify, iTunes

Doesn't work on:

Microsoft Settings, Cortana, Microsoft Store, OneNote, Sticky Notes, Calendar, Audible, Mail

The trend is that it doesn't work on most Microsoft Applications but it does on the other Apps

JonathanMerry, Jun 23, 2021
  4. moskal91 Win User

NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

1. My computer keys type random numbers and letters. - Similar Threads - computer keys type

2. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  3. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  4. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  5. Random Letters Typing

Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  6. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  8. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Customization
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  9. type letters - prints number?

10. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...