Windows 10: My Computer Lags when I play a game and have discord and Firefox on together.

Discus and support My Computer Lags when I play a game and have discord and Firefox on together. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! My Computer usually lag when I got a game on with applications such as discord and firefox or google chrome. I've tried both heavy and like 1GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zSwift, Jan 18, 2021.

1. zSwift Win User

My Computer Lags when I play a game and have discord and Firefox on together.

Hello!

My Computer usually lag when I got a game on with applications such as discord and firefox or google chrome. I've tried both heavy and like 1GB games and it's the same problem. I hope you could help me with reaching to the problem and solve it. It lags as most when i got youtube on together with game and discord.

I've tried to not open the game and I had only the Task manager on + discord + firefox and it shows that the power usage is Very High.

Btw I got 2 Screens I usually got my firefox and discord on the other screen which is an old screen, but i tried to move firefox to the main screen but it's still on Very High.

My specs on the computer is

Nividia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

IntelR CoreTM i5-6402P CPU 2.80GHz

Ram: 8GB

It says Total avalibale Graphics Memory: 10183MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 6144MB

System Video Memory: 0 MB

Shared System Memory: 4039MB

VRam: 6GB

Thank you for reading.

:)

zSwift, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

RE: Firefox. I use this:

SpeedyFox - Boost Firefox, Skype, Chrome, Thunderbird in a Single Click!

Or this:

My Computer Lags when I play a game and have discord and Firefox on together. [​IMG]

Although as suggested there could be other factors if it happens with all internet connected apps.

You can aslo try Firefox safe mode:

My Computer Lags when I play a game and have discord and Firefox on together. [​IMG]

Callender, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Louie_101 Win User

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. My Computer Lags when I play a game and have discord and Firefox on together. - Similar Threads - Computer Lags play

2. My computer lags when plugged in, specifically when playing a game The Sims.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer lags when plugged in, specifically when playing a game The Sims.: My laptop HP Pavillion lags the second I plug it in but only when playing the sims 4 and other PC games. What can I do to fix it? I followed the advice on this post:...
  3. My computer lags when plugged in, specifically when playing a game The Sims.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer lags when plugged in, specifically when playing a game The Sims.: My laptop HP Pavillion lags the second I plug it in but only when playing the sims 4 and other PC games. What can I do to fix it? I followed the advice on this post:...
  4. My computer lags when plugged in, specifically when playing a game The Sims.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. discord freezes/BSoDs my computer when i am in a call on the discord app and playing games HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    discord freezes/BSoDs my computer when i am in a call on the discord app and playing games HELP: discords app AND JUST THE APP VERSION keeps giving my computer a BSoD/freezing it when I am in the app on a call and playing games. but the website works fine. I have done many tests to show it isn't my CPU, GPU, or RAM issues. TLDR freezes my PC and I need to hold down the...
  6. discord freezes/BSoDs my computer when i am in a call on the discord app and playing games HELP

discord freezes/BSoDs my computer when i am in a call on the discord app and playing games HELP: discords app AND JUST THE APP VERSION keeps giving my computer a BSoD/freezing it when I am in the app on a call and playing games. but the website works fine. I have done many tests to show it isn't my CPU, GPU, or RAM issues. TLDR freezes my PC and I need to hold down the...
  7. Lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when playing games: Hello!I recently bought myself a new laptop, and redownloaded some of the games on my old laptop - one of them being Stardew Valley. However, when I downloaded the game I quickly discovered a weird bug. When my game is in small screen mode, it works fine, but when I make the...
  8. Lag when playing games

Lag when playing games: Hello!I recently bought myself a new laptop, and redownloaded some of the games on my old laptop - one of them being Stardew Valley. However, when I downloaded the game I quickly discovered a weird bug. When my game is in small screen mode, it works fine, but when I make the...
  9. lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag when playing games: hello, can someone help me please? i dont know why my fps suddenly dropped since last month, i already upgrade my ram and clean my laptop but it still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-playing-games/f6633e5a-f4b9-4f47-b98d-e8eb8b6a87de
  10. Computer lagging/beeping when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lagging/beeping when playing a game: Sometimes when I play a game, the computer starts lagging, and I hear a beeping sound over the speakers, like a "boop-boop-boop" kind of sound. This happens until I restart, and won't happen again for a while, until a few weeks later, and I'll have to restart again. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel (R) core(TM) i5-6402P CPU@2.80GHz processor temperature list