Windows 10: My computer/laptop cannot take latest update

Discus and support My computer/laptop cannot take latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop cannot take latest update . It uses too much space and crashes my machine. How can I stop it from telling me to update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wildrapture1, Nov 12, 2019.

1. My computer/laptop cannot take latest update

My laptop cannot take latest update . It uses too much space and crashes my machine. How can I stop it from telling me to update?

:)

wildrapture1, Nov 12, 2019

2. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My computer/laptop cannot take latest update pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 12, 2019
  4. My computer/laptop cannot take latest update

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

My computer/laptop cannot take latest update

1. My computer/laptop cannot take latest update - Similar Threads - computer laptop cannot

2. Cannot turn computer on after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn computer on after latest update: I cannot turn computer on after latest update. It shut down immediately after 100% update and then I can't turn the computer on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-computer-on-after-latest-update/67d79119-ad9b-4c61-bc28-8255891a86d7
  3. Cannot turn computer on after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn computer on after latest update: I cannot turn computer on after latest update. It shut down immediately after 100% update and then I can't turn the computer on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-computer-on-after-latest-update/67d79119-ad9b-4c61-bc28-8255891a86d7
  4. Computer cannot start after latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer cannot start after latest windows 10 update.: When updating to the lastest windows 10 update It said that it could not be completed and was reverting changes. After it started back up again it went to into startup diagnostics and failed, afterwords it would not start up anymore. I have run the bootrec commands and...
  5. Latest update freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  6. Latest update broke my laptop

Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  7. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...
  8. Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Latest update on my laptop..terrible: Help Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders like pictures are empty. Had to find them with a *.jpg search. How do I reset this so it sticks. This is like having...
  9. Latest update broke my computer

Latest update broke my computer: Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install updates and shut down" option on my computer and let it do it's thing. A few days later I started it up and it indicated it was...
  10. My computer cannot update the latest 1809 system.

My computer cannot update the latest 1809 system.: 我的电脑无法更新最新的1809系统,它总是提示错误,重新安装系统无法正常工作。重置计算机还会提示无法安装。我使用官方工具,但总是失败。该网络称1809系统不支持4代。CPU,我不知道是不是这样,我希望你帮助我。*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...