Windows 10: My computer locks itself after X minutes. How to stop that?

Discus and support My computer locks itself after X minutes. How to stop that? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since today, my pc locks itself after some amount on inactivity. Probably 10 or 15 minutes. Up until yesterday, this never happened. I have checked:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thanatica, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Thanatica Win User

My computer locks itself after X minutes. How to stop that?

Since today, my pc locks itself after some amount on inactivity. Probably 10 or 15 minutes. Up until yesterday, this never happened.

I have checked:

1. Dynamic Lock. This is disabled.
    2. Screen saver. This is also disabled.
    3. Unattended sleep timeout in Power options. This is set to 120 minutes.
    4. In the same Power options, other sleep/standby options are set to Never.
    5. Machine inactivity limit in secpol.msc is Not Defined.

The Questions:

1. What, other than the above, can also cause this behaviour?
    2. Why does this behaviour pop itself up overnight?
    3. What do I do to fix it?

For those thinking I'm a novice user: I'm not. So contrary to what usually happens on these forums: no lecturing please. I just want this disabled. No need for long explanations, or fifteen steps on how to edit a registry value. Just a to-the-point solution please, if you have one.

:)

Thanatica, Sep 17, 2020

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Sep 17, 2020
  3. numbed79 Win User
    lock function is on but computer continues to start

After calling up the list using ctrl alt delete I check Lock. Everything was fine for a few weeks but now I hear the computer going out of lock mode at least once every forty-five minutes.I turn on the monitor and the sign in screen is up instead of the no signal advisory. After a short while the function kicks back in.

Should I stop trying to keep the computer in Lock? I've been advised by some never to turn the computer off and keep it in Lock mode when not using it. I prefer having everything loaded up so I don't have to wait between five and ten minutes for everything to load up. I just want to make sure I'm not harming my computer.

Thanks.

numbed79, Sep 17, 2020
  4. My computer locks itself after X minutes. How to stop that?

Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Hi,

Since you're having an issue with the brightness of your Lock Screen, we suggest uninstalling the display adapter from the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click on the display device and click uninstall.

Note: Please restart your computer after performing the steps above.

If the issue persists, download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

My computer locks itself after X minutes. How to stop that?

1. My computer locks itself after X minutes. How to stop that? - Similar Threads - computer locks itself

2. All Programs Stop Working, then after a couple of minutes my system restarts by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Programs Stop Working, then after a couple of minutes my system restarts by itself: Randomly it seems any program I have open stops functioning and I can't right click or even open the windows start button to shutdown. All open windows pseudo freeze as I can minimize/close some of them but it doesn't say "not responding" at the top of the windows as it...
  3. How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes?: How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-laptop-from-automatically-locking/1645de1b-8532-4b4b-a6c8-b22fa1f531c5
  4. Computer Locking itself Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Locking itself Automatically: HP EliteBook 745 G6 Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.928 keeps locking itself while charging and does not show any errors just a splash blue screen which appears for almost 3 seconds ,even if its idle or just typing MSword or doing other staff....
  5. Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute: My laptop locks by itself after 1 minute even if the display settings are set to 5/10 minutes please check the screenshot attached. I tried to restore the default power settings but it did not work. I tried the solution linked here below but it did not work:...
  6. My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.

My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.: My computer turns it's self off after 20 minutes. I have gone to settings and changed the shut down times to never but it still is doing it. I've also told it to never go to sleep. It's driving me crazy....
  7. If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that?: I don't want it to go to sleep or hibernate. submitted by /u/skyesdow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkfpu9/if_i_want_my_computer_to_lock_itself_after_5/
  8. How to use powercfg to stop devices from preventing my computer locking itself and going to...

How to use powercfg to stop devices from preventing my computer locking itself and going to...: I have the problem that I want my laptop plugged in to lock after about 15 minutes of idle time and then go to sleep. This stopped working after I installed a new Webcam. I have another PC that still refuses to do this. I have all of the power configurations through the...
  9. Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes

Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes: Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes less than 5 DESPITE proper as far as I know settings are set. Can someone please help? I am really annoyed by having to log in every time I come back to my PC. It´s been doing this since today 17/03/2020. Before my PC just...
  10. Computer randomly locks itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer randomly locks itself: Why is this happening and how do I stop it? Pc randomly comes up with this after a short period of time [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-locks-itself/9bc5c3d1-3d56-4b26-b805-82144c850cda