Windows 10: my computer looks different. it looks like a networked hard drive and devices

Discus and support my computer looks different. it looks like a networked hard drive and devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer looks as though the hard drive and system are all networked instead of being on my computer. what do I do to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jclzc, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Jclzc Win User

my computer looks different. it looks like a networked hard drive and devices

My computer looks as though the hard drive and system are all networked instead of being on my computer. what do I do to fix this?

:)

Jclzc, Feb 15, 2020

2. Looking to buy a NAS Hard Drive

What's the difference between these two drives?

LaCie Network Space 1TB Gigabit Ethernet NAS Hard Drive £123.04

and

LaCie Internet Space 1TB Gigabit Ethernet NAS Hard Drive £149.49

What's the difference between a 'network space' and an 'internet space'?

I'd like a drive which is accessible from other computers not in my network. Is this not possible with the first one?

I'd prefer the first one for its colour.... the second one looks too macintosh...*Oh Well my computer looks different. it looks like a networked hard drive and devices :eek:hwell:

Thanks.
    *Toast :toast:

Black Panther, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Computer freezes and Explorer doen't respond when I plug an external Hard drive

Hello jobkakule,

The issue is possibly caused by corrupted data or bad sectors on your external hard drive or could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried plugging your external hard drive to a different USB port? Also, check if you can access the drive by plugging it to a different computer.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to repair the bad sectors on your external hard drive. Kindly refer to the steps below:

(Let's just assume that the drive letter for your external hard drive is E. If not, please do change it to the correct drive letter)

1. Plug in your external hard drive. Click on Start, search for
    Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

2. Type in the following command below and press Enter after each command:

Chkdsk /f E:

Chkdsk /r E:

3. Reboot your computer after the scan is completed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 15, 2020
  4. my computer looks different. it looks like a networked hard drive and devices

Discussing home networking - What does your network look like?

• What do you use for a gateway/router? Netopia 3341 (I think) ADSL gateway + D-Link DGL-4500 router
    • What does your network topology look like? Router is at the center of the house with a desktop and two printers plugged into it. There's a 50-75' cable going to my room which has a Netgear 8-port unmanaged gigabit switch (can't be arsed to fetch the model). All cable is CAT6 UTP or CAT6 FTP. There are two up to six computers plugged into the switch. There's generally four wireless devices (two phones, two computers).
    • How many devices and what kind of traffic do you need to worry about? (local and external) Since there are no SSDs here and the fastest hard drive RAID is ~100 MB/s, I can't really saturate my local network. The bottleneck is definitely the internet coming into the Netopia gateway (3 mbps / 384 kbps).
    • ...and one of the best questions of all, why did you do everything the way that you did and what would you or are you going to change in the future about it? Necessity and the router's CPU has crashed a few times so it needs to be replaced sooner or later.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

my computer looks different. it looks like a networked hard drive and devices

1. my computer looks different. it looks like a networked hard drive and devices - Similar Threads - computer looks different

2. My hard drive icons looks too different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive icons looks too different: I dont know what happened with my icons looks with two bars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-icons-looks-too-different/b4baa223-d7c2-4953-9611-5730e51b2903
  3. My hard drive icons looks too different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard drive icons looks too different: I dont know what happened with my icons looks with two bars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-icons-looks-too-different/b4baa223-d7c2-4953-9611-5730e51b2903
  4. Network intermittent, looks like DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network intermittent, looks like DNS: On occasion I will lose the ability to connect to the internet in almost every application. It lasts about 5 minutes each time. I get it roughly 1-2 times per hour. Very annoying and hard to describe. I can maintain a voice/video call on Discord, but I cannot view a channel...
  5. Network intermittent, looks like DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network intermittent, looks like DNS: On occasion I will lose the ability to connect to the internet in almost every application. It lasts about 5 minutes each time. I get it roughly 1-2 times per hour. Very annoying and hard to describe. I can maintain a voice/video call on Discord, but I cannot view a channel...
  6. Network intermittent, looks like DNS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Looks like I have no devices...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Looks like I have no devices...: I'm trying to re-install MS Flight Simulator. When I'm in the store and select "Install to my device", it says I don't have any applicable devices. Isn't my PC a device? It was the last time I installed this software. Where did it go? On my MS account the device shows up....
  8. pictures on my computer look like negatives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pictures on my computer look like negatives: How to fix pictures that look lik negatives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-on-my-computer-look-like-negatives/d7db7d48-e8fa-43e5-a08a-d9a3da5fd647
  9. Why is this looking like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this looking like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArchMD96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhf4nm/why_is_this_looking_like_this/
  10. DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso: Hello Let me begin by saying my grammar is a bit bad so bare with me and I'm not a techie so I might've done something. Ok so I was upgrading to windows 10 yesterday and thought I'd burn the iso on the USB stick as a back up (because I have power outs usually and thought what...