Windows 10: My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound

Discus and support My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so I've had this computer, an ASUS Notebook, for a couple years, and it's worked fine. I turned my computer on this morning and the sound was off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sakura M, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Sakura M Win User

My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound

Hi, so I've had this computer, an ASUS Notebook, for a couple years, and it's worked fine.

I turned my computer on this morning and the sound was off, which I assume was my roommate, when I turned it on it started making a high pitched screaming sound. I shut down Spotify and Edge, and that stopped it. When I opened Edge again, several tabs to unknown sites that don't seem to have real addresses popped up, then disappeared.

If anyone has any ideas what happened and how to prevent this, please it sounds like a dying PC.

:)

Sakura M, Dec 22, 2018

2. Black screen printing wingdings with high pitched tone.

Hello,

Black screen printing wingdings with high pitched tone can be due to outdated drivers. This can also be connected to hardware issue. For us to isolate and identify
    if this is a hardware or software issue, we suggest to perform the Windows Hardware Troubleshooter.

To access the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Sandra#77 Win User
    High pitched chirp sound on videos

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and have 2 issues now:

1- At the beginning of videos on my PC and online, there is a loud, very high-pitched chirp sound. Last time I fixed this, it was a setting in RealTek.

2- RealTek audio driver is installed, but it does not show up in the list of drivers. I do a system check for updates or to see if it is working properly.

I am worried about uninstalling RealTek completely, because I read other users did that and now they do not have any sound. Please help!

I have a HP Notebook 64 bit

Sandra#77, Dec 22, 2018
  4. My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound

High pitched whine coming from phone while charging!!!

Phone set to General setting. the sound was more of a "weee" sound but high pitched.

rapid---01, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound

1. My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound - Similar Threads - Computer Made High

2. Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds: Hi guysI recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. My fiance is a streamer and we use this for operating our streaming software OBS Studio. For the most part the sound has worked fine both with the external microphone we typically use as well as the laptop microphone...
  3. Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds: Hi guysI recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. My fiance is a streamer and we use this for operating our streaming software OBS Studio. For the most part the sound has worked fine both with the external microphone we typically use as well as the laptop microphone...
  4. Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch: as of yesterday, ive been getting this notification sound coming from my headphones after downloading a game from the xbox app. ive tried just about every troubleshooting issue i know between killing the power, control panel, Admin CDW scan, troubleshooting audio scan,...
  5. Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch: as of yesterday, ive been getting this notification sound coming from my headphones after downloading a game from the xbox app. ive tried just about every troubleshooting issue i know between killing the power, control panel, Admin CDW scan, troubleshooting audio scan,...
  6. Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...: So, Today I plug in my Headsets like what I did every day for a year and today is where things starting to get weird, the audio was Radio high pitchI'm not sure if that's the correct way to explain my problemand I've tried to plug it in/out several times now and it's still...
  7. System sounds randomly high pitched

System sounds randomly high pitched: Today when i turned on my pc, i noticed that all of the sounds were randomly high pitched, i tried troubleshooting and even wiping my hard drives clean but it still dosent go back to normalMy specs are:RYZEN 5 3600KNVIDIA 1660 SUPERASUS TUF GAMING B450 PLUS II16 GB RAM2...
  8. High Pitched Squeal When Playing Back Sound

High Pitched Squeal When Playing Back Sound: Getting a high-pitched squeal when playing back audio recorded from a USB microphone. It appears in Skype and Voice Recorder. Thought is was the headphones but it's there when playing back through pc speakers too....
  9. high pitching noises

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    high pitching noises: When i was opening a powerpoint for school reasons I had youtube turned on aswell, my computer started making a high pitched noise. When I lower the volume nothing happens. When I turn on the laptop, the noise isn't there but as soon as i open youtube or zoom it starts making...
  10. Sound is crackly during high pitched audio and sounds muffled after computer reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound is crackly during high pitched audio and sounds muffled after computer reset: I reset my computer today, getting rid of my settings and apps but keeping all my files. The sound is fine at first but whenever I pause for a few seconds and play a video again (on all video players) it'll crackle and sound muffled. I've tried updating my audio drivers but...