Windows 10: My computer menus NOT the same as the instructions for correcting .

Discus and support My computer menus NOT the same as the instructions for correcting . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having problems with a couple apps and when I try to find solutions and follow the instructions, my computer screen does not show the same screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MissDixi, Jul 11, 2017.

1. MissDixi Win User

My computer menus NOT the same as the instructions for correcting .

I am having problems with a couple apps and when I try to find solutions and follow the instructions, my computer screen does not show the same screen as the instructions are telling me to use to correct the problem. I am not sure what to do as I follow the instructions carefully and make sure I am in the correct program but still cant fix it.
    One problem: menu shows up as I log in about One Drive can't be run as administrator, and another is that I cannot fix the new Photos app in Win 10 to function properly nor can I reinstall the old Windows as it works after I install it and then does not work again. Any and all advice appreciated. I know I am not dumb and I CAN follow instructions but I need some I can follow. Thank you. *Tongue

:)

MissDixi, Jul 11, 2017

2. Genre not same as on my computer?

Sounds to me your tracks have ID3 v1.x tags which only support a set number of tags. Use a mp3 editor to strip the ID3 V1.x tags.

Paul van der Heu, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Genre not same as on my computer?

Hi,

I have a Nokia Lumia 920.

I am windows phone desktop application on Windows 7 to copy my music to my phone.

On my laptop, I have a specific set of Genre, like English, Classical, etc.

However, when I open Nokia Music, I see all different kind of Genre, like Pop, Rock, etc.

I don't know where is it getting this information from.

I checked my mp3 files with several different softwares, all show the Genre I expect, except my Nokia Phone.

Can some one help me.

Thanks.

Som

PS. Sorry if I confused you. Let me know if the question is unclear.

somunleashed---01, Jul 11, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey MissDixi,
    Make and model of your PC will help.

Since I don't know which fixes you've tried, you may have already tried these.

Check UAC Settings:
    WinKey + s, type control panel, then click on it in the list
    Click on User Accounts
    Click on Change User Account Control Settings
    Set it to Default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (if it's not already)

Check Task Scheduler:
    WinKey + s, type task scheduler, then click on it the list
    Click the little > next to "Task Scheduler Library" to expand it
    Select CareCentre ( if it exist)
    Double click OneDrive
    Near the bottom of the edit page is a checkbox "Run with highest Privileges"
    Uncheck this, click OK, and exit Task Scheduler

Eagle51, Jul 11, 2017
Thema:

1. My computer menus NOT the same as the instructions for correcting . - Similar Threads - computer menus same

2. Are instruction the same for a computer with windows 7 installed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Are instruction the same for a computer with windows 7 installed?: Are the instructions the same for downloading to a computer with Windows 7 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-instruction-the-same-for-a-computer-with/9b250b86-f621-44a8-8a08-ab028dfd1fe5
  3. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer does not boot correctly.: Hello everyone! The reason for this is because I have been getting quite frustrated by a small problem with my PC booting up. I say the word "small" because it is something that does not interfere with the functionality of Windows. Once the computer boots, everything runs...
  4. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer does not boot correctly.: Hello everyone! The reason for this is because I have been getting quite frustrated by a small problem with my PC booting up. I say the word "small" because it is something that does not interfere with the functionality of Windows. Once the computer boots, everything runs...
  5. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. my computer isn't working correctly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer isn't working correctly.: EVERY time there's an update on my PC the performance takes another dive. i have to click 10 to 20 times to do anything such as comment or to look at a pic or change pages. it snatches me off pages and sends me somewhere else. when i do a search and the bar comes down and i...
  7. Settings menus don't display correctly, if at all, and crash half the time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings menus don't display correctly, if at all, and crash half the time.: As of lately, my settings menus don't display correctly. Half the time settings menus just crash entirely, and when they don't, they look like this, drop down boxes are blank and don't drop down, and many other buttons and text don't display either. Because of this, I'm...
  8. My computer keyboard keys are not correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer keyboard keys are not correct: Hello, my computer keyboard keys are not matching up, for example my @ key is showing " when I try and type. Can you help me? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keyboard-keys-are-not-correct/90b2d5de-8010-46cd-b0ad-c1b3d96a7ab3
  9. Windows 10 Context Menus not the Same - 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Context Menus not the Same - 2 Computers: Hi, I am quite interested if anyone has any feedback on this. I have 2 different Windows 10 machines... 1. A clean install of Windows 10. 2. An upgrade from Windows 7. The right-click context menus are very different on each. I have imported the same themes and...
  10. Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly: This problem occurred after updating some programs using Secunia's PSI, although I don't believe the updates caused this (more later). Problems seen: Taskbar & its icons are displayed in a corrupted form (see screenshot) Date/Time is missing from the Notification area of...