Windows 10: My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint

Discus and support My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My device (HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx) has a fingerprint reader and has always singed me in by detecting it (Windows hello). But recently... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AnnaMrw, Apr 14, 2019.

1. AnnaMrw Win User

My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint

My device (HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx) has a fingerprint reader and has always singed me in by detecting it (Windows hello). But recently it doesn't let me in by scanning my fingerprint and will only let me with my password. What can I do? Is it possible that it is no longer compatible with windows hello because of a new update or is it just an error?

Thank you very much

:)

AnnaMrw, Apr 14, 2019

2. Fingerprint sign-in

A few days ago my computer updated and now my fingerprint sign-in is no longer working. The system configuration is no longer compatible with the new update. Is there a fix for this?

JoeCornish, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Fingerprint sign-in

Hello!!!

My fingerprint sign-in is no longer possible on a Lenovo Yoga 92013IKB.

It was possible since I bought the laptop but now my system does not allow to sign-in with fingerprint because ""Windows hello" is no longer available on this device"...

Can someone help?

MariusSamson1, Apr 14, 2019
  4. My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint

fingerprint sign in isnt working or letting me set up

Hello Samantha,

Driver incompatibility is one of the possible reasons why fingerprint sign-in isn't working on your computer. For us to further isolate and assist you better with this, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Roll back drivers / use default drivers

• Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button and choosing Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate your fingerprint driver and double click it to open its properties.
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button.
    This will install the previously installed driver instead of the one you’re currently using.

To go back to the default drivers do the following:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find your fingerprint scanner driver.
    • Right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
    • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Uninstall

Step 2: Update your drivers

It's often better to use the latest driver optimized for Windows 10, so make sure that you visit your fingerprint scanner manufacturer and check for latest Windows 10 drivers.

We also suggest visiting the article below to know more details about it.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint

1. My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint - Similar Threads - computer longer lets

2. My gaming computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My gaming computer won’t let me sign in: My asus gaming computer won’t let me log in it says the sign in option isn’t available because of failed sing in attempts or repeated shut down I tried to leave it on for two hours but it keeps shutting down by itself and it’s been like this all day what should I do...
  3. My gaming computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gaming computer won’t let me sign in: My asus gaming computer won’t let me log in it says the sign in option isn’t available because of failed sing in attempts or repeated shut down I tried to leave it on for two hours but it keeps shutting down by itself and it’s been like this all day what should I do...
  4. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  5. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  6. My computer won’t let me sign in

7. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  8. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  9. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

10. My computer won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't let me sign in: I recently tried to upgrade my computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it is not letting me sign in when I try to it say just says just a moment then says signing out black screens that brings me back to the welcome screen I was trying to see if I could get into a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why cant I sign into windows 10 with my fingerprints anymore

2. My fingerprint doesnt show up on my sign-in anymore what do I do