Windows 10: My Computer not showing harddrives

Discus and support My Computer not showing harddrives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all,Since the recent update all the icons for my hard drives in the my computer tab are gone. The hard drives are all still there and accessible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roman_347, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Roman_347 Win User

My Computer not showing harddrives

Hello all,Since the recent update all the icons for my hard drives in the my computer tab are gone. The hard drives are all still there and accessible when i just enter the letter into the explorer and all letters are assigned correctly. So its not a driver or letter issue.Its strange since i have like 4 hard drives hooked up and all are working properly just not showing up under my computer.Last time i had this the issue was a registry key hiding all my drives but this isn't the case this time.Any help is appreciated.

:)

Roman_347, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Cheriseru Win User

Faulty harddrives

Thanks for the suggestion but as I stated the drive doesn't show up in Disk management. I just tried the Diskpart steps and it's not listed on there either

Cheriseru, Apr 25, 2021
  3. infocus Win User
    Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Apr 25, 2021
  4. My Computer not showing harddrives

External Harddrive Causes Computer Freeze & Reads Harddrive/Cards as Corrupt but they are not

Hi,

Recently my Desktop computer has been freezing whenever I plug in my WD External Harddrive in, and it never used to do so. It causes the computer to freeze up and sometimes crash! The harddrive if at all possible to show up in the folders list, then reads
    a message saying it is corrupt.

Then, when I plug in a memory card, it reads the card as corrupt, but when I go to a MAC it reads it fine. Something is going on with my desktop.

Help!

Megan A.Oxley, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

My Computer not showing harddrives

1. My Computer not showing harddrives - Similar Threads - Computer showing harddrives

2. External harddrive mostly not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External harddrive mostly not showing: One of my external hard drive shows in the hidden icons dropdown without a drive letter -> Backup Plus Desk, It shows in Device Manager – Disk Drives, It DOES NOT show in Disk Management and It DOES NOT show in windows explorer. How can I get it to show in Windows Explorer...
  3. External harddrive mostly not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External harddrive mostly not showing: One of my external hard drive shows in the hidden icons dropdown without a drive letter -> Backup Plus Desk, It shows in Device Manager – Disk Drives, It DOES NOT show in Disk Management and It DOES NOT show in windows explorer. How can I get it to show in Windows Explorer...
  4. External harddrive mostly not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Changed my harddrive now a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up

Changed my harddrive now a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up: HelloToday I changed my harddrive and now all of a sudden a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up under my computer. It has a volum of 256MB and does not show under diskmanagment....
  6. I added a 2TB harddrive to my computer. Now 3 harddrives show up in disk mgmt d,h, and c. I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I added a 2TB harddrive to my computer. Now 3 harddrives show up in disk mgmt d,h, and c. I...: I added a 2t hard drive to my computer. Now in disk mgmt i see 3 drives d,h, and c. I appears d and h are the same drive, How do I correct?? Thanks...
  7. I added a 2TB harddrive to my computer. Now 3 harddrives show up in disk mgmt d,h, and c. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I added a 2TB harddrive to my computer. Now 3 harddrives show up in disk mgmt d,h, and c. I...: I added a 2t hard drive to my computer. Now in disk mgmt i see 3 drives d,h, and c. I appears d and h are the same drive, How do I correct?? Thanks...
  8. I added a 2TB harddrive to my computer. Now 3 harddrives show up in disk mgmt d,h, and c. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. HardDrive not showing up anywhere

HardDrive not showing up anywhere: I just installed windows onto my new ssd but my harddrive doesnt show up anywhere. ive checked the BIOS its not there and ive checked the Disc Management and its still not there please help asap...
  10. Show new Files on Harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show new Files on Harddrive: Hi,My C: Drive is pretty full, and sometimes it's suddenly fuller. Is there a Way to find out, which files were added in the recent past, so I know why? submitted by /u/JACKTheHECK [link] [comments]...