Windows 10: My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

Discus and support My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to save to my local MAC and save grays out for local on my mac... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dan Movens, Mar 23, 2023.

1. My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

I am trying to save to my local MAC and save grays out for local on my mac

:)

Dan Movens, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 23, 2023
  3. File Save

Hi Clive,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the location where you are trying to save the files?
    • Is the issue specific to particular type of files? Example Office files.
    I would like to inform you that you cannot save the files in location where Operating System files are saved.

I suggest you to Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 23, 2023
  4. My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

1. My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC - Similar Threads - computer lets save

2. Why is my HP Desktop not letting me save any files or only opening them as "Read Only" &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my HP Desktop not letting me save any files or only opening them as "Read Only" &...: I updated my computer at work to Windows 11 yesterday & immediately after the update, I have had issues with things saving or not having access. I also cannot open any of my files without them coming up as "Read Only". The "Read Only" filter is not selected on any of said...
  3. Why is my HP Desktop not letting me save any files or only opening them as "Read Only" &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my HP Desktop not letting me save any files or only opening them as "Read Only" &...: I updated my computer at work to Windows 11 yesterday & immediately after the update, I have had issues with things saving or not having access. I also cannot open any of my files without them coming up as "Read Only". The "Read Only" filter is not selected on any of said...
  4. Help me save my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me save my computer: I managed to restore my anti-virus using regedit. To do this, I had to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and change the decimal of DisableAntiSpyware from one to zero. Soon afterwards, though, I disabled real-time protection for an intended...
  5. Help me save my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help me save my computer: I managed to restore my anti-virus using regedit. To do this, I had to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and change the decimal of DisableAntiSpyware from one to zero. Soon afterwards, though, I disabled real-time protection for an intended...
  6. My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC: I am trying to save to my local MAC and save grays out for local on my mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-only-lets-me-save-my-files-online-and/b76e472e-6273-4717-8684-6183acf59517
  7. My computer won't let let me update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  8. My computer won't let let me update

My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  9. Saving files to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving files to my computer: When I try to save a PDF or word file to my computer a box opens up that says "There are no more files". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-files-to-my-computer/4dcf9d24-bf1e-4aed-aa44-29c3af0e4d6c"
  10. Windows only lets me save new files to C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows only lets me save new files to C:: All my main user files (Desktop, Documents, etc) are located on my E: drive, because that's my 2TB HDD. My C: drive (containing Program Files, ProgramData, Windows, etc. system files) is a small partition on one of my SSDs meant for important system files and programs. My...