Windows 10: My computer only loads a temporary account not my normal one

Discus and support My computer only loads a temporary account not my normal one in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime I log in it Goes to a temporary account and I dont know how to fix it plz help i have restarted 4x I have started in safe mode everything and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TwinDinosaur177, Sep 1, 2019.

1. My computer only loads a temporary account not my normal one

Everytime I log in it Goes to a temporary account and I dont know how to fix it plz help i have restarted 4x I have started in safe mode everything and it just wont work

:)

TwinDinosaur177, Sep 1, 2019

2. Temporary Profile on Logon

Hi Elaine,

Being signed in with a temporary profile may occur if the user account is not loaded correctly or has been removed from the system. For us to properly assist you in rectifying this unusual behavior, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Is your PC connected to a domain?
    • Were you able to load the same profile on your computer before using the new hard drive?
    • What exactly is being logged in as "temporary profile"? Is it another user account on your computer?
    • Aside from using the new hard drive, have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 1, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

My computer only loads a temporary account not my normal one

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

My computer only loads a temporary account not my normal one

1. My computer only loads a temporary account not my normal one - Similar Threads - computer loads temporary

2. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: hi today my little brothers computer decided to log in a temporary account, and a pop u appeared saying if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed, ive tried that about a dozen times, i already tried a method listed here...
  3. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: hi today my little brothers computer decided to log in a temporary account, and a pop u appeared saying if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed, ive tried that about a dozen times, i already tried a method listed here...
  4. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My internet isn’t working but only on my one computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet isn’t working but only on my one computer.: Okay so everyone else’s devices for internet including mine besides my computer isnt working. Everytime I log into my internet it says connected but no internet and to log into AT&T my service provider and it says Service unavailable when I do that and I have my hotspot on so...
  6. Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login with my account, it gave me a temporary one.: When I tried to login earlier today, it worked fine, but when I tried to logging right now, it said I couldn’t sign in to my account and gave me a temporary one. Please help me, most of my shortcuts are gone, and all my data is gone. To make matters worse, I tried restarting...
  7. microsoft only sees one of my computers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft only sees one of my computers: So I have 2 computers and I can see them in my account settings. I already own minecraft. I am trying to download minecraft windows 10 but when I click instal, its only showing me one of my computers. Its not showing me the option to download it on my second computer....
  8. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: When I started my computer today morning, I was signed into a temporary account as it was apparently not able to sign me in. I have got a prompt telling me if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed. But after multiple restarts the problem persists. I have also gotten a...
  9. Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows creating temporary profile for my account instead of using my normal profile.: Since Saturday, when I start my laptop, all my documents and settings are gone. I have checked for viruses and malware, but none were detected. I have made sure the latest Windows updates are installed. I tried to do a system restore but it failed. My files are safely...
  10. Only one computer in my home network can load www.startribune.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only one computer in my home network can load www.startribune.com: I have a home network, RT-N56U router running both 2.4 and 5 gig and it's switch in use feeding various stuff in the house, a wireless accesspoint, some switches etc. I have Iphone, Ipad, Windows 10 laptop and a Dell 8700 for me and my wife has a Dell 8700 for her use....