Windows 10: My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup

Discus and support My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just booted up my computer and two tabs on internet Explorer comes up immediatelyOne of them leads to C:/program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrynTrainor, Nov 12, 2022.

1. My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup

So I just booted up my computer and two tabs on internet Explorer comes up immediatelyOne of them leads to C:/program files/OSdeployer_server/serverstatusnotifier/Web client.html This is a program file to a program I installed to try cloning my hard disk to a image fileWeirdest thing is that I disabled it from running on startup, as well as that it tried accessing a website that had my pc name on it it was like this: http://devicename:8020The HTML file is broken and the link leads to nothingShould I be worried? Could this be a virus on my computer? Should I uninstall the program I installed?

:)

BrynTrainor, Nov 12, 2022

2. INTERNET EXPLORER WIN 10 NOT OPENING MULTIPLE TABS

Hello Harry,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like o ask you few questions:

• What is the error message/error code you get?

• Did you check if the settings of the browser has changed?

I suggest you to change the Internet Explorer settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Internet Explorer web browser and press
      Alt + X keys on the keyboard to open the browser settings.

• Select Internet Options from the menu.

• From the window, check Start with tabs from the last session under
      Startup option.

• Click on Apply and OK.

• Close and open the browser to check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 12, 2022
  3. INTERNET EXPLORER WIN 10 NOT OPENING MULTIPLE TABS

This solution did not work in Win 7 and does not work in Win10.

It is definitely high risk - you will definitely lose internet explorer if you turn the feature off.

The "new" internet explorer icon at the bottom only lets you run one tab at a time.

However, I still have the "old" icon on the desktop and it allows multiple incidences of internet explorer.

Geez - why is this changed and why can't someone come up with the real solution -- or a workable alternative.

I am sure this a feature and not a bug.

DenisFredrick, Nov 12, 2022
  4. My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup

INTERNET EXPLORER WIN 10 NOT OPENING MULTIPLE TABS

This solution did not work in Win 7 and does not work in Win10.

It is definitely high risk - you will definitely lose internet explorer if you turn the feature off.

The "new" internet explorer icon at the bottom only lets you run one tab at a time.

However, I still have the "old" icon on the desktop and it allows multiple incidences of internet explorer.

Geez - why is this changed and why can't someone come up with the real solution -- or a workable alternative.

DenisFredrick, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup

1. My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup - Similar Threads - computer opens sketchy

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Open explorer in currently opened explorer as new tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open explorer in currently opened explorer as new tab.: Say i have explorer open and i select a folder on my desktop the folder opens in a new explorer window.Is there a setting to have folders open as a new tab in currently opened explorer instead of an entirely new window by default?...
  6. Open explorer in currently opened explorer as new tab.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open explorer in currently opened explorer as new tab.: Say i have explorer open and i select a folder on my desktop the folder opens in a new explorer window.Is there a setting to have folders open as a new tab in currently opened explorer instead of an entirely new window by default?...
  7. My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer opens 2 sketchy internet Explorer tabs on startup: So I just booted up my computer and two tabs on internet Explorer comes up immediatelyOne of them leads to C:/program files/OSdeployer_server/serverstatusnotifier/Web client.html This is a program file to a program I installed to try cloning my hard disk to a image...
  8. Opening tabs on edge on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening tabs on edge on startup: For online schooling, I was wondering if there is a way to open Microsoft edge on start-up, and have it set to open these 3 specific tabs I always need every single day?...
  9. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  10. Internet explorer trying to open something on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer trying to open something on startup: I do not have internet explorer set to start, but whenever my laptop turns on after being shut down it opens up between 3 and 7 windows and tries to reach a specific address before saying "this site could not be reached". Also, on a side note, there is a message box that also...